Friday, May 19, 2017

Inspired By..... A Porch Pillow!

Hello all and Happy FRIDAY! I hope your week is ending on a high note and that you have glorious plans ahead for the weekend! If you missed stopping by my place here last week, you might have missed something new on the Power Poppy blog. Marcella is putting together the Good Vibe 5 -- a hit list of inspiration to get that crafty mojo flowing!

This week, I helped her with one of her Mood Board "cues" and didn't have to look very far for my inspiration. I was sitting on my patio!


Immediately I knew I could do fun things if I mixed a graphic pattern background with a digital stamp. If you are cocking your head and wondering -- how did she do that?? Well, we have a tutorial over on the Power Poppy blog that shows you how to do that with your digital images! Just click HERE to see!

I started by searching for a black and white graphic background that I could use as my base and found this one.....


From there, I decided I would lighten up the background to more of a charcoal gray and then, following the digital tutorial, do an overlay using Power Poppy's Flowers, Always digital stamp set! 

After erasing the background of the digital stamp, I got to coloring. As you can see, I had fun just pulling my Copic Markers out -- left and right! ;-)


Also, after I was finished with a section, I did go back and add some accents with a white gel pen just for "funsies!"

And here's a look at the finished card! Sure, I could have really tried to imitate the flower from the pillow -- my goodness Marcy has a plethora of flouncy flowers that would have fit that vibe -- think Tree Peony, Camellias, or even just the flower portion of Hellebores -- but I wanted to use this image for it's whimsical and free-flowing effect!


I love the graphical punch! As you can see I added a sentiment from the Countryside Bouquet Deluxe stamp set and there's also a little bit of shading that I did around the flowers with a C3 Copic Marker just to give the image just a little bit more depth. Mat this baby up and... Voila! Done!

Now it's time for the....


Be sure to hit these ladies' blogs up to see what wonderfully artistic things they've created to share with YOU!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to swing back by Tuesday because I'll have a special little creative kick start post that's super fun! Can't wait! 

~Julie

No comments: