Friday, February 17, 2017

Come On SPRING!

Hello, and happy Friday to you all! I don't want to sound like a whiner today but... who's going to join me and say that they are tired of winter??? I am so tired that I decided I needed to infuse a little spring into my creation today! And.... I wanted to try a "new to me" technique along the way!

So, on to my creation!


I pray that you can't tell, but the main image on my card literally took minutes to create -- mostly because it is one that is a little on the simple side when it comes to coloring but I just had to give this technique a whirl! I used the wreath from the Power Poppy set Bloomin' Wonderful. Here's all it took -- my super cheapo markers from Hobby Lobby, a larger size acrylic block, and a Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush.  


I didn't realize that you can use the Wink of Stella brush just as you do a water brush! I scribbled the colors of marker onto my block and then picked the color up with the brush to paint my image and I gotta tell you --- it worked like a charm! 

Here's a close up of the finished image -- only from an angle where you can see all the glitter! I love how you look at the image straight on and can't really see all the sparkle until you move it in the light. 


And that, my friends, is it! An easy peasy card that ushers in a feeling of SPRING! Now it's time to turn things over to my lovely stamping sisters -- the Bloomies -- to see what wonderous things they've whipped up for your viewing pleasure this week!

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber >> you are here!
Stacy Morgan

Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you all back here real soon!
~Julie

No comments: