Friday, June 10, 2016

A few of my favorite things!

Hello peeps and happy Friday to you all! Hope the sun is shining in your neck of the woods and that you have some fun weekend plans for the days ahead!

I am going to show a little card I made a bit ago after I dared myself to use up some paper scraps that had been on my craft table. Sometimes, I set aside these scraps for challenges just like this one or, I might like the way certain papers look together and so I set them aside to try to come up with a game plan for them later.

So, on to my creation!


I admit, this card is a little "loud" but also very happy! The image is from the Power Poppy stamp set Short Stacks and it truly showcases some of my favorite things! Reading, coffee and flowers. Who doesn't love those things? I had already colored up this image a LONG time ago. Before it was stamped, I did cut out the image with my Silhouette Cameo. Thankfully, these little scraps of paper went with what I had already colored. It was fate, I tell ya! On some of the strips, you'll see a wee bit of paper piecing. Then, I added a little strip of coordinating pink card stock, some crochet lace and a little button that had been accented with silver cording. 

Here's a little closeup for you! You can't see it in my photo, but I did accent the center of the daisies and the pom pom flowers with a little bit of glitter glue to give it a bit of razzle dazzle....


And that, my friends, is it! Don't forget about Power Poppy's Happy Mail Power & Spark Challenge! All you have to do is make a card and promise to mail it to someone! The only rule is that this be a "just because" kind of card to brighten someone's day. You can read up on the challenge HERE!

Now it's time to turn things over to my sisters in stamping -- The Bloom Brigade! I know you'll love to see the creativity that they have whipped up for you this week! 

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker


Thanks for stopping by to spend a snippet of your day with me! I love that! Have a fabulous weekend and I'll see you back here real soon!

~Julie


Pin It

6 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, I don't think this card is a little loud. I love the DP you've used for this sweet image you colored, and one of these days I will learn how to use my Silhouette to cut out my images. Sure must make it a lot easier. Anyway, I love the layout and how all the scraps of paper work so well together. And I love the piercing and the lace to finish it off. And, yes, some lovely flowers, a nice cup of coffee (tea for me), and a good book...that's a nice way to relax. Hope you enjoy a relaxing weekend, my friend! Hugs!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Nothing loud about this card Jules!! I'd call it modern Vintage (if there is such a thing). Your papers are slightly bolder with their colors and patterns, and the image feels vintage with bold coloring, and the combination is absolutely fabulous!! LOVE it!!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh what a sweet image this is and I just love your use of designer paper Julie. This card packs a delightful punch gf.

Leslie Miller said...

My favorite things, too! I love how this all came together, and not too loud at all. Just, as you say, happy! It looks fabulous, Julie! Love all those papers together and your sweet design with the lace and button. So nice to have a few images colored up. I never do that. Just color and design and sometimes it take so long!

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie this is lovely. I like the combo of papers you used with this image. Very sweet and cozy card.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning. Beautiful and love this card, beautiful colours and look at those added gorgeousness....xx {aNNie}