Friday, January 15, 2016

Happy Friday to YOU!

Hello all and the happiest of Fridays to you! I have a little bit of Power Poppy fun to deliver today (as I do most Fridays!)  So, let's get right to it, shall we?

I have to admit that I did not have a lof time to create this week. I was kind of hoping I could cash in on the Powerball so that I could quit my day job and just play all day and be crafty but, not my luck! ;-) So, in search of a ten minute creation, I came up with this!



I used the Power Poppy stamp set Orchids Rock and stamped my image on some kraft colored decorative paper using Memento Rich Cocoa. I should mention the sentiment is from Power Poppy's Simply Camellias stamp set! I colored up the stem, leaves, and centers using Copic Markers but wanted my flowers to have a pop that only white can bring. Instead of using white colored pencils, which I was first going to do, I simply used a white paint pen. It is a pen I got from Michaels and is a part of their Recollections line. I just used outward strokes instead of "coloring" to add the splash  of color. Honestly -- I am not sure I love this. Some of the ends have dots from where the marker ended and I wish that wasn't the case. In a hurry however, it gets an average grade! HA! On the positive side, it did get me to turn to something that I wouldn't have really thought to use as a way to add color. 

Moving on! Did you see that Power Poppy kicked off something new and fun last week? That's right, it's a FUN Power & Spark Challenge to kick off the NEW year! Chick-Check-Checkity it out! 


If you didn't catch the details, here's hostess Tosha Leyendekker's challenge in a nutshell -- all you need to do is STRETCH YOURSELF! This is a double challenge that encourages you not only to create a card with a tall format but stretches your creativity by encouraging you to try or use something new in the process! You can read up on all the official details HERE. That's also the spot where you'll link up your card once you finish playing along! Can't WAIT to see what you whip up! 

The Bloom Brigade whipped up some fun just for you! You'll have to hopskotch your way through this list to see what fun these crafty cats are showcasing on their blogs today!


And one more note!!!! Be sure to check out the Power Poppy Blog on Tuesday! Why, you ask? Well, Marcella and the Instant Gardeners will be unveiling another addition to our Instant Garden a.k.a. our digital stamp sets! Wanna peek? Okay, okay!!! Take a gander! This image was literally ripped from Marcella's sketchbook -- how cool is that????




Now, don't you want to see the WHOLE thing? Check out the Power Poppy blog NEXT TUESDAY -- January 19th --and get ready to be WOWED! Have a fabulous weekend everyone and I'll see you back here soon!

~Julie

~Julie


Pin It

7 comments:

Tricia T said...

Oooo - very pretty! I do like the pop of the white. I think I have one of those pens... somewhere. I need to go dig it out - or at least hope I run across it soon!! LOL!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie! First of all, you had me at the ten-minute creation you came up with! Wow, you are one amazing gal if you came up with this in ten minutes. I think it's gorgeous, and I love the design and especially love how you colored and painted the orchid blooms white. And, sweet friend, I love how you've stroked the paint on and wouldn't have noticed the dots of white you mentioned! Hehe! And truly the recipient isn't going to either. She is going to LOVE it! And I love that you shared this card and helped us stretch ourselves creatively. Beautiful finishing touch with the gold cord and button. Hugs!

Ann said...

It's a beautiful card! You have to look hard to see any dots.

Leslie Miller said...

Well, I think this is beautiful! I like how you streaked the white to allow the kraft paper to create shadows and valleys. And those white dots add an interesting touch. I would think they were meant to be. Love how your side border design makes this look like a journal cover. So pretty with the gold cord and button.

Karen W said...

This is really pretty and I can't wait to see the new release!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie this is beautiful! Really like the stamping on the kraft and the white petals. Beautiful and the gold accent perfect!

ChristineCreations said...

I think the white pen idea on the kraft is really sharp looking. Such a neat effect Julie, it really captures that earthy feel.