Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Sending a bit of Sunshine!

Well Hi-De-Ho there stamping friends! Guess what? It's the 5th, which means it's time for a little Power Poppy Digi on the 5s release! If the date has a "5" in it, Marcella has a little digi fun to deliver that day! Today's "catch" is one that is sure to deliver sunshine both near and far! Here's a look!



Here's a peek at my creation!


I absolutely adore sunflowers and so this image -- Sunflower Power -- is going to be one that I print off and color with reckless abandon -- I just know it! I should mention, before I printed this image, I did do a wee bit of digital editing. If you look above, you'll see the full image. I only wanted the main flower, not the little flower that just is about to open up. So, using my eraser tool, I erased that one and then closed the stem with the help of a Copic Multi-liner. Easy peasy! That's why I LOVE digital images! You can truly use them to make all kinds of variations -- perfect for card sets or just to get some diversity with each card!

Moving on! I printed on Cougar Opaque card stock (I use the 65 pound), and then let my fingers do the coloring with these Copic Markers!


From there, it was just matting it all up! I did cut out my image and then fussy cut only along the left side. I added some paper piercing and some fun sequins and... almost done! The sentiment was printed, punched with a 1-3/4" circle punch (I reduced the size of the sentie just a bit from the original file) and then, I mixed and matched some green and yellow decorative paper!

Here's a close up! I almost forgot, I did add some dots of white paint pen to the center of my flower too.....



And that, my friends, is it! Like I mentioned, Sunflower Power, is ready and waiting for you to buy, download, print and color it up to share a little sunshine with anyone who needs it! I will say we have a mix of Bloomies and Instant Gardeners on hand to show off some of the other beautiful things you can do with this digi! Hop on over and see.....

Debbie Olson
Cheryl Scrivens
Julie Koerber
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you all back here real soon! ;-)

~Julie


Pin It

7 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, this is gorgeous, and I love how you've used the DP. And it's beautifully colored...just love the soft shading with RV000 and RV00...dreamy feel! I agree that digis are so wonderful...resize, remove something to fit a layout, etc. Beautifully done, sweet friend, and I know this is going to be used a lot! Who doesn't need sunshine in a card? Hugs!

Barb said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I am so lovin' seeing everyone's take on this beautiful digi! Sunflowers are among my favorites and I just adore the way you've colored yours. Thanks for the tip about the digital editing, too! LOVE the white dots in the center of the flower...that makes the whole image just pop! Great choice of background papers, as well. And thank you for taking the time to include the Copic markers you've used. It's really helpful.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Julie, your sunflower just glows!! It looks like it's on fire!! BRILLIANT!!! I love the rustic colors of your leaves too! Incredible!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Julie! Your coloring rocks and I do love the pierced border. Beautiful job.

Leslie Miller said...

Mega-gorgeous, Julie! Fabulous card design, colors, and coloring!

Debbie Olson said...

Julie, this is gorgeous! I love your coloring as well as the patterned papers that you combined. It all works perfectly together!

scrapweaver said...

Julie,
Hi I am Michelle Houghton the Copic Craft Educator for Imagination International Inc. One of my jobs for III is running the Copic In The Craft Room Facebook page. I would love to feature your sunflower card on our blog for our featured artist day Tuesday, September 15th.
let me know what you think :-)

Michelle michoughton@yahoo.com