Friday, June 19, 2015

Pencils... part deux!

Hi all and a very happy Friday to you! Just like every Friday here on the ole blog, I have a little Power Poppy fun to share! I am not sure if you saw, but last Monday HERE, Power Poppy released a brand new addition to the Instant Garden! This one can literally be created in an explosion of color too! What fun!

Welcome to.....

Isn't Garden Fireworks a floral feast for the eyes! We have Allium, flowering Catnip and, of course, the star of the show -- POPPIES!  What a bold summertime display, don't you think? I sure think so and I couldn't wait to color it all up!

So, let's get to my creation!

Since this is such a large image, I printed my image on white card stock and then planned to use my Nestabilities Labels Four and Grand Labels Four to create some fun layers. Because of the "Pencil Me In Challenge" going on over at Power Poppy, I decided to color these blooms up again with pencils! If you haven't heard about the challenge, just click HERE to learn all the fun-filled details! 

I used my Inktense pencils by Derwent and basically picked up three colors -- a periwinkle blue, a red and an olive green. I colored off color to get the variations and blended it all using a Dove Blender pen. When I was done, I used the Spellbinders die to cut out my main image and when the die was still on my image, I sponged Adirondack Peri Cool ink around the outside. Add some paper piercing and a wee bit of glitter glue and.... ta da! The rest is just matting up! I used a mix of Echo Park papers, a little white crochet lace and a white cotton ribbon bow to finish it all off!

Here's a close up! 


And that, my friends, is it! And now, it's that part of the post where I share the blog roll of some very talented "Bloomies!" Hop on over to see what they created using this brand spanking new digital stamp and imagine the possibilities in your own stamping spaces! 

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber >>>> you are here!
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

Thanks folks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderfully creative weekend ahead and I'll see y'all back here... real soon! ;-) Blessings!

~Julie


Pin It

8 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie! Such gorgeous colors...and with pencils! I love it, and the colors are so vibrant and image so beautifully given depth! And what beautiful DP and great layout, along with the pretty lace and ribbon! Stunning card, sweet friend! (P. S. And I noticed the wonderful piercing too...something I love to do!!)

Ann said...

Gorgeous! I need a new blender, clearly! Thanks for the inspiration, Julie.

ChristineCreations said...

Love the little delicate patterns in the background and then the lace...so sweet for this image! Love how your sanding gives it the feeling of another layer too. Gorgeous Julie!

https://adiecrafty.blogspot.com/ said...

wow that close up really shows the detail fabulous work

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Ooooo...I LOVE how you framed your image Julie! And the sparkle...what a grand idea to add to this Garden Fireworks image! Such beautiful coloring too!

Leslie Miller said...

I don't totally understand those Inktense pencils, but you sure do a gorgeous job coloring with them! This is just WOW, Julie!

Patti Willey said...

I just love a great Red White & Blue Card this is fabulous! Just look at those fun Allums! The Glitter glue adds a wonder touch I need to look into that stuff!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my goodness Julie, this card is gorgeous, your pencil coloring is superb indeed. I love the layout for your image, with touches of blue and red that really pop.
Thank you so much for sharing.