Friday, June 5, 2015

Power Poppy Sneaks Day 3: Go Wild!


Hello folks and welcome to DAY THREE of Power Poppy's June Release! Woo Hoo! Today's set -- Go Wild -- offers good smelling flowers that you can pretend that you snipped and bottled up after your morning walk. How incredibly charming! This set is extra special because it offers not only something beautiful in nature but it helps us all to use the love of card making to send along extra special wishes! And, guess what? We have someone EXTRA special to send wishes to today! Wanna know who?

IT'S MARCELLA HAWLEY'S BIRTHDAY TODAY! 

So. let's get to the well wishes, shall we??? Marcy is the kind of gal that once you get to know, you just feel like she's family. She's a keeper!!! So, with that kind of warm nature about her -- she deserves a proper birthday! Marce, I hope you surround yourself with everyone you love and have a truly wonderful day! If I was there, I'd be taking you to Nacho Mama for a 'rita and some yummy Mexian fare! Cheers sweet lady! Enjoy your day!

And here's the card I made in honor of Ms. Marce's special day!


I have a confession to make..... I had NO idea what any of these plants were. Honestly! So, I literally took the graphic that Marcy made and used it as my coloring guide! HA! How's that for majorly cheating? ;-)  I stamped my image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then... grabbed these Copic markers!


As you can see, I used quite a few but I felt I needed to in order to get the same "look" that Marcy created! And here's a close up! Guess what folks? No glitter or bling on this one! OH MY, what's wrong with me????



I used My Mind's Eye, Close to My Heart and Basic Grey papers for this one and accented with a bit of paper piercing, some yellow and white twine and a wooden button. And that, my friends, is it!

Now it's time to GO WILD and see what the rest of the Bloom Brigade created with this fresh-picked set!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker
Marcella & the Power Poppy Blog  >>>Wish Marcy a Happy Birthday Today!!!!


Tomorrow brings DAY FOUR with the Power Poppy release -- be sure to swing by and see what's in store. This set will play on your rebel side a bit and truly will "Move Your Soul!" Come back and see what I mean, will you? ;-)


~Julie


Pin It

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, I just love reading everyone's blog post today...finally finishing off with you. And what a delight! I love that you used Marcy's image as your color guide...it's fabulous and not cheating at all...it's perfect and has such dimension! And who needs embellishments with a beautiful image like this one. It's stunning, and I always love piercing myself! Beautiful DP and wonderful layout! And what a special birthday celebration you all have given the amazing and dearly loved Marcy! She truly is a treasure and so gifted in both her artwork and in her words. We've all been blessed by her so much, and you all are such a blessing to her...and to us as you share your amazing work and inspire us! I love this and love that words you've shared. Hugs, sweet friend!

Kathy Jones said...

Well I wish my window would look like this, but being the dreadful gardener that I am, they would more than likely look like twigs in a jar! :P Good thing I can look at your beautifully coloured ones on this fabby card and be inspired!! :)

Leslie Miller said...

Nice, Miss Julie! Love these warm colors and your beautifully colored windowsill scene. You rocked this!