Friday, May 1, 2015

Just Breathe......

Hello all and happy Friday! I've got a bit of fun to share today! So... let's get to it! With a brand new month, comes a brand new Power & Spark Challenge hosted by my cardmaking sistah Stacy Morgan is all about.... CUTTING IT OUT! As Stace says, "Simply cut around your blooms (or main image) and add that extra "Ooomph!" to impress the recipient with your mad cutting skills!" Love it! 

Let's get to my creation!

Being that this is a 'Cut It Out' challenge, I decided to get a wee bit of help for this one and I turned to my Silhouette! I had made this file for the Orchids Rock stamp set and so, it was a perfect fit. At least I thought so! 

When coloring up this beauty, I have to say I needed a little help. I have only seen this variety of orchid a few times. So, thanks to "the Google" I found this picture to serve as a bit of inspiration!

Source         

I cut, stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and then, colored my image up with Copic markers, reaching for these shades....

After I was done coloring, the rest is matting it up! I added some background stamps, a little texture thanks to a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and a wee bit of gold sponged to accent the embossing! The sentiment is from the Power Poppy stamp set Lilac Time.  It's a sentiment that hits home right now. With deadlines, and work and my baby boy graduating from high school in a few weeks, I am having to remind myself to "Just Breathe!!!" Sigh....

And here's a close up......



And that my friends is it, a peaceful & easy orchid all colored and cut out! You too can play along in Power Poppy's Cut It Out Challenge, all you need to do is get "snippy" with the scissors, or hit "cut" on your electronic cutting machine and you'll be in the running! JUST CLICK HERE  to read up on all the official details! Play along and you could win a free clear or digital stamp set of choice!

Before I go, I have to share the links for my beloved fellow Bloomies so that you can hop, skip and jump on over to their blogs to see what they whipped up on this fine Friday for all to see!

Christine Okken
Julie Koerber >>>> you are here!
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan


Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a fantastic weekend! Mine will be spent on the softball field, hopefully soaking up some sun and watching my D.D. play her first games! Fun! Hope the sun is shining in your neck of the woods too!

~Julie

Pin It

10 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, how gorgeous! I love your inspiration photo, and you've really colored this "baby" beautifully...and fussy cut her so perfectly! She just pops off this lovely card with the beautiful background! And, yes, friend, just breathe! So much going on, and how exciting that your baby boy is graduating! Wow! Thanks for the inspiration, as always! Hugs!

ChristineCreations said...

Such a beauty Julie! I love the colour these orchids too. Enjoy the softball field this weekend. Hopefully it feels like a bit of an oasis from the hectic weeks!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card - your colouring is beautiful :-)

Katie Sims said...

Seriously, I squealed when I saw this Julie...I love, love, love the colors you used, the way you colored those beautiful orchids and really your entire card layout.....just so, so beautiful. A huge high five to ya on this stunner. :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

I absolutely ADORE your sassy orchids Julie!! They're beautifully colored and are putting on quite the show! Love the papers you used as a background too! They enhance this image beautifully! Gorgeous!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Julie, your Orchid looks just like the real one, you captured the lovely colors of this beauty perfectly in the image you colored. I love the background colors and texture to, simply a gorgeous card, thank you for sharing.

Stacy Morgan said...

Your Orchid look fabulous Julie! Great idea with the Silhouette cut. This is so very pretty!
Enjoy these games and the days up to graduation girlie! It is going by so fast.... Hugs and just breathe! ;-)

Leslie Miller said...

Fantastic coloring! I have yet to do this one and was thinking about it for Stacy's challenge. Don't have a Silhouette, but it looks like it would be pretty easy to cut out, anyway. LOVE the colors you used based on the real deal. How gorgeous! Beautiful stamped background, too, and with a little embossing for texture. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and remember to breathe!

Denise G. said...

What?! Cal is NOT that old. You just gave me a grey hair thinking about it. Your card is GORGEOUS! Hugs to you and I hope your DD is slugging that softball out of the park. denise g.

Theresa's Studio said...

Wow! You capture the orchid beautifully! Love the card.