Friday, May 15, 2015

Bees in Foxglove!

It's the 15th of the month, which means, sweet stamping friends, it's time to plant a new botanical in the Power Poppy Instant Garden Collection. This one is spiky and dramatic and offers up trumpet-like blossoms that just beckon you to color them up!


With shades of white, blue, pink and even soft purple, Bees in Foxglove is truly a sight to behold! Our latest addition to the Instant Garden Collection just happens to be one that's a tall beauty that's heavy on the drama! Check out the lush stalks of foxglove (Digitalis) with three plump bumblees buzzing around doing their bumblebee thing! I also love the fanciful sentiment that Marcy paired with this set. Can you say cheery and good for any and all occasions?

With that kind of introduction, let's get to my creation!

I have to admit, before Marcy penned this beauty, I didn't really even know what a Foxglove was! It took some investigating and once I did the "google" -- I discovered all the beautiful colors these bold blossoms come in! When my mom saw what I was coloring up, she surprised me with this beauty after a trip to our local nursery! How sweet is that? Now, all I need to do to be inspired is walk out my front door!


Honestly so many different color options -- why not try them all! Here's a peek at the markers that I reached for....


After coloring, it was just matting it up and adding a little razzle dazzle to the bumbles' wings thanks to some glitter glue. I also added two sizes of sprarkly sequins as well! Since this image is so detailed and rather large, I kept it simple on the layout -- just playing up the image itself. 

Here's a close up folks!


And that, my friends, is it! Since the bees are all abuzz with this beauty, you can bet your bottom dollar that our team of Instant Gardeners and Bloom Brigade is too! You'll have to fly on over to their special places on the web to see what they have in store for you all!

Jennifer Dove
Broni Holcombe
Cheryl Scrivens
Danielle Kennedy
Debbie Olson
Allison Cope
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

Before I go.... don't forget about this month's Power & Spark Challenge! It's all about cutting, and snipping, and nipping and tucking your way to creavity with our "Cut It Out!" Challenge hosted by the ever-so-talented Stacy Morgan. Just click HERE to see what this fun-filled challenge is all about. You could win a stamp set of YOUR choice, just by playing along with us gals!

See you back here soon!

~Julie


Pin It

10 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

Wow Julie - your vibrant colours are so beautiful!!! How awesome is your Mum buying you a foxglove!!! That is so cool - I don't think they grow in my part of the world - enjoy your blooms!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, I love your card and the beautiful color you've used your for foxglove! And how precious that you now have one of your own!! Ah! I love your beautiful coloring, and the great layout with the sequins for a fun touch...and, yes, I love the sentiment! Enjoy your newest addition to the garden! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm sure loving all these beautiful foxgloves! A different color at every stop! Fabulous, Julie!

Barb said...

Your card is so pretty! Beautiful colors and I spy that bit of sparkle on the little bees wings. LOVE that!

Stacy Morgan said...

Springy... the hint of sparkle on the wings is darling. So very pretty Julie!

Allison Cope said...

Oh my Julie! What a glorious pink beauty and inspiration right outside your door too!! It's GORGEOUS! Love the bold pop of green on your card. Wonderful card inspiration!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Well Julie, I have to confess I too never heard of Foxglove but now I know how incredibly beautiful flowers they are. Your card is gloriously lovely, you colored this blooms just like the real ones your mom gave you, stunning!! I just love this trio of chubby little bees busy doing their thing, the shimmer on their wings looks so beautiful.
Thank you for sharing, I'm going to see if my local garden center has Foxglove and, if they do, I'm getting me a few.

Theresa's Studio said...

Beautiful coloring!! You really capture the look of these flowers.

Lisa Lara said...

These take my breath away Julie.

Debbie Olson said...

Julie, this is so beautiful! That angled layout is perfect too--great job!