Friday, August 22, 2014

Sunny Days!

Hi all! Power Poppy's Bloom Brigade is here on this fine Friday to kick start your weekend with a little card making creative inspiration! And, for my creation, I couldn't help by reach for one of Power Poppy's newest stamps called.... Sunny Harvest! Did I mention I LOVE sunflowers????


I used a mix of Authentique, BasicGrey and (gosh, I don't know what the polka dot piece is!) something from my scrap stash. I stamped the bits of wreath from the set, grabbing a 2-1/2" punch and punching away. The "Thinking of You" sentiment was punched with a 1-1/4" circle punch accented with BG0000 Copic Marker and a wee bit of Antique Linen Distress Ink. My main image was colored up using Y21, Y23, Y32, Y35, R27, R21, G20, G24, E25, YR04, YR07, and YR18. Then again, I used BG0000 to shade around my image. 

The rest is matting it all up! I used some Teresa Collins Enamel Dots, a little bit of paper piercing, some May Arts yellow chevron ribbon and some May Arts twine.  The notebook paper edge was done thanks to a die (tried to find it over on Spellbinders but it must be discontinued!) And.... Ta da!!! Fini!

Here's a close up!


Before I let you go, just in case you missed it, Power Poppy took center stage over at the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog with their Card Cafe Thursday! And today, there's another surprise! Head on over to their blog HERE to the and see how YOU could win a.......


That's right! A $25 gift certificate to the Power Poppy Shop! Who wouldn't want one of those? Like I said, just click HERE to find out how you can walk away a winner! And.. one more note! If you plan to use Power Poppy stamps in a creation this week -- join in on our Power Poppy Peeps of the Week Challenge! You can learn all about it HERE! You can also play in Power Poppy's Pop Goes the World Challenge HERE? It's a fabulous color inspiration challenge and if you win, you get a free stamp set of your choice! You have until August 31st -- so get those fingers inky and let us see whatcha got!

Need some inspiration to get those creative juices flowing? Run, don't walk, (without scissors of course) to visit these fine Bloom Brigade members over at their places on the web! 

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber -- you are here!
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

Thanks sweet people for taking time to stop by my place! I'll be back soon! ;-)

~Julie


Pin It

9 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty Julie. I love these sunflowers too and wish mine looked as good as these. You do such a great job with yellows. Awesome photography too. Have a blessed weekend and rest up.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, this is gorgeous! I just LOVE sunflowers, and these are stunning! Love your DP and that great chevron ribbon is a nice find, along with the enamel dots! Love it!! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, this is so pretty, Julie! The colors are bright and rich, the design perky and fun, and the CUTE sunflowers are so cheerful! This stamp has been asking me to color it, and I'm about to give in to its wishes.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a perfect backdrop for your sweetly colored image Julie!! Love your punched border, piercing, twine, and of course your fab coloring! Darling card!! It just oozes sunshine and warmth!!

Marcella Hawley said...

Jules, you are the stone cold BOSS!!! Everything everybody is saying is just right on target, your card infuses my whole computer screen with warmth and color and inspiration! One of my favorite details is the glossy red-orange enamel dots - and how they pick up those poppin' bittersweet berries!! All of your subtle textures and tones of yellow, orange, grey, brown... with the hint of blue. SIGHHHH!!!

Cheryl W. said...

Hi, Julie - your card is beautiful. I received the stamps I purchased from you. Love them! Thanks so much for sending them so quickly.

Holly said...

I loooooooooove this, Julie!!! Love the coloring and the patterned papers and those fun enamel dots. This card just screams fall, and I'm soooo ready for it!! BTW - thanky thanky thanky for the happy mail!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful fall card Julie! Your wreath looks wonderful and I like the bit of twine you added behind them.

KimCreate said...

Beautiful card!