Friday, August 1, 2014

It's a Power Poppy Hop!

Hello all and Happy Friday!! Welcome to another Power Poppy Hop -- a day when ALL of the Power Poppy Bloom Brigade shows off another fabulous creation AND let's you know that the August Release is now LIVE in the Power Poppy Shop HERE! Woo hoo!!

On to my creation!

It is hysterical. I had no idea (maybe it was subliminal) that when I made my card using the new Sunny Harvest Set that I would match Power Poppy's signature green and orange colors! But hey, I like it! I stamped this beautiful Chinese Lantern using Memento Espresso Truffle Ink on Cougar Opaque White Card Stock and then using my Copic Markers to color it all up! I used YR09, YR01, R14, Y32, Y21, YR00, E23, E25, E27, YG21, YG00, YG23, YG25, G20, G21, G24 AND G28. I used E81 to shade around my image and blended with a blender pen. 

The rest is just matting it all up! The decorative paper is a mix of BasicGrey and Stampin' Up. I added a little Stampin' Up ribbon for the band of color and used a SU punch for my sentiment (which is also a part of the set) Add some Teresa Collins Enamel Dots for color and some paper piercing and... ta da! Done! Oh, I almost forgot, I did sponge some Antique Linen Distress Ink around the main image panel and my sentiment. 

Here's a close up!


And that, my friends is it! Be sure to hop on over to see the rest of the Bloom Brigade! And again, don't forget  -- all of these sets are ready for the taking HERE over at the Power Poppy Shop!


Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker


Enjoy your weekend! I'm off to watch a basketball tournament, which means I'll have no voice on Monday -- YES, I support my team vocally! ;-) See you back here very soon!

~Julie


Pin It

9 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Julie this is fabulous! The colours are stunning done this way - and a fab nod to Power Poppy :) Gorgeous work on this design!

I’m the same way - my boys always know I’m cheering for them! Enjoy the weekend! Go E!

Allison Cope said...

Um hello?!?! Pure gorgeousness! I just LOVE this card Julie! Bold green, fabulous design and an amazingly coloured image! Wow... incredibly stunning my friend!

We have a Scouts parade float to make and show off and then off to family Scout camp! Have a great weekend!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love how you used the Power Poppy colors even if not planned. Beautiful card!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, what a funny thing...using the PP colors! You're right, and they are perfect! I LOVE this image, and you've really colored it so beautifully!! And with the beautiful green paper and ribbon (along with the great piercing, which I always love), it's perfect! And what a perfect sentiment! I love it, and I can't wait to play with this set. It's definitely one of my faves for this release! Hugs, and thanks!!

Katie Sims said...

Julie I L-O-V-E this!!! I would've never in a million thought to color those Chinese Lanterns up this way, but they look a-mazing! And hey, it' an added bonus that they have the signature Power Poppy colors, right? ;) Girl, every piece of paper you touch turns into something amazing....seriously! :)

Lagene said...

OOoooo I love your color combo! BEAUTIFUL card!

Leslie Miller said...

Really love the lanterns in green! We can make them green? I haven't begun to research them yet. Great design here, Julie. This is the cutest sentiment, too!

Kathy Jones said...

Julie your colouring is just stunning!! Love your Green Lanterns and all the paper piercing - the sentiment is perfect too!

Traci M said...

Julie, your cards are always so beautiful!! I just looked again on the Power Poppy blog, and as far as I can tell; the last Friday "Peep of the Week" was missed! Just wanted you and the team to know. Thanks...I always look forward to playing along in the challenges when I can!!