Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July Folks!

To all of the crafty peeps living in the U.S. of A., Happy 4th of July! I sincerely hope today means a day spent with family enjoying the true freedoms we have living in this great land! And, to honor our home country, Power Poppy is ushering in a challenge for all! It’s the LET FREEDOM RING Challenge!


HOW TO PLAY: To play along with us this week, all you have to do is follow this little formula below! 

1 point for everyone who uses Power Poppy stamps or digis!
2 points if you use Power Poppy images with a patriotic theme representing YOUR country
3 points for everyone who follows the first two steps plus uses one of Power Poppy's digi freebies!


Each point you earn means the number of entries you’ll have in the end of the month Power Poppy Peeps of the Week Challenge for a free stamp set of your choice! FUN! Please, if you play, be sure to add a link back to the Power Poppy Challenge post over on the Power Poppy Blog HERE and please only use Power Poppy images. To see the FUN DIGI FREEBIES and enter your creation you can also click that link! 

On to my creation! I, of course, had to take part in the patriotic part of this challenge being that today is the FOURTH OF JULY! 


I started by printing the Countryside Bouquet image onto Cougar Opaque White card stock and then, I picked up these Copic Markers below....

And, here's a close up showing what my little colored flowers look like! I added some glitter to the centers of my Cosmos. Yes, I know Cosmos don't exist in this color scheme but I took some creative liberty as we celebrate our liberties today! ;-)


And here's a look at my sentiment, one of Power Poppy's Digi Freebies! Woo hoo! 


The papers I used are pretty much all BasicGrey and Stampin' Up papers! Add some silver cording, a star button and .... ta da! That's pretty much it!

So, be sure to hop on over to the Power Poppy Blog if you want to take part in this Let Freedom Ring Challenge! And, while you're hopping, some members of the Bloom Brigade hopped on this fun-filled challenge too! Stop by and see.....

Christine Okken
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber >>>> you are here!
Stacy Morgan

Thanks for taking time out of your day to stop by! Have a fabulous holiday and as the fireworks fly may blasts of creativity hit you as well!  ;-)

See you back here soon!
~Julie

Pin It

6 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Oh I like that vibrant blue on the tiny flowers... Great sketch too girlie. Happy 4th of July!

ChristineCreations said...

Beautiful, I love the little flags...makes it feel perfectly patriotic!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, this is gorgeous! I love your fabulous coloring, and the sparkle in the center of your daisies is a beautiful touch! What a great layout, and I'm so delighted to have downloaded my new Freedom Ring digis! Hugs, and Happy Fourth!

Marcella Hawley said...

Not only is your card out of this world WOW WOW WOW - but I laughed at "taking some creative liberty as we celebrate our liberties today"!!! Your festive bouquet with sparkly blue-centered Cosmos and eye-popping red-orange poppies is as joyful and happy as can be!! Three Cheers for you, Jules!

Dawn B. said...

This was such a fun challenge. I loved the red white and blue creations. Your coloring is fabulous on this card. I really like the way you added just a little sparkly.

Allison Cope said...

Goodness me... this card is a stunner! I just the love glow it has and your colouring is amazing Julie! Wonderful patriotic inspired card creation1