Friday, June 27, 2014

3 Cards, 1 Stamp -- part 3!

Hello all! Hope your week is finishing off strong! We are getting ready for another round of stiff fastpitch softball competition this weekend.... but before I skip on out, have you checked out this fun little feature over on the Power Poppy Blog?


It's a day when Power Poppy fans can show off some of their recent Power Poppy creations! Each week's faves from the Bloom Brigade will even be showcased on the Power Poppy Blog HERE but on our Pinterest Power Poppy Peeps Customer Creations Board! At the end of the month, we'll draw a winner for one free stamp set! Check out the deets HERE!

On to my creation! You could call this one the finale of my three cards, one stamp set challenge. Granted, it was a challenge I issued myself! HA! But, if you want to see all three cards... here goes!


So you can see, I used two decorative papers throughout all three creations to make sure I had a unified feel. I used similar embellishments and added rustic accents by stamping or sponging Antique Linen Distress Ink. It's a fun set to have on hand or give to a friend!

For this final creation, I also turned to one of Pagemaps.com's Cardmaps sketches! See? I transformed it into an A2 size though, and kind of in the end made it my own. BUT, it was inspired by the sketch below!

And, here's my card! I stamped my image from Power Poppy's Lavender set using Espresso Truffle Memento ink onto Cougar Opaque White card stock, cut it out using a Spellbinders Blossom Die and while the die was still on, I sponged (and stamped using Flourished old set called So Distressed!) on some Antique Linen Distress Ink. 

From there, I colored up my image using Copic Markers and I used E50, E51, E53, G43, G23, BV01, BV00, and BV04. The shading below my image was done with W00, W01, and W03. The rest is just matting it all up! I added a wooden button, rounded some corners with a corner rounder punch, added some May Arts twine and a little punched border thanks to a Martha Stewart border punch.

Here's a close up!

And that, my friends is it! Have you created something fun with Power Poppy images recently? Or do you have plans to? If so, hop on over HERE and check out this weeks "Anything Goes" kind of challenge where we love to see what YOU create and maybe make YOU our next Power Poppy Peep of the Week!

This wasn't the only thing created this week in my stamp room! Want a peek at Power Poppy's upcoming release? SO FUN! Here's a gander...



Some of the other Bloom Brigaders are showing off peeks today as well. If you want to be tempted by their fabulousness, click on over and pay them a visit!

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

And remember, if you need some sketchy inspiration, it's a click away HERE at pagemaps.com! Thanks for stopping by stamping friends! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! See you back here tomorrow for a look at Power Poppy's fresh new release!

~Julie


Pin It

1 comment:

Katie Sims said...

The grand finale to your trio of awesomeness! What a wonderful three part post this has been and you show once again your amazing creative genius....you've got it seriously goin' on, girl! Another beauty, Julie! ;)