Friday, May 23, 2014

Sketch It Out!



Hi all and welcome to the very last challenge this month designed to celebrate Power Poppy's Instant Garden! This one is like finding that perfect little piece of inspiration to set your art in motion! Isn't that what a sketch is? A guide? A starting point? A sketch takes the guesswork out of creating so that you can get to the fun stuff -- coloring, picking out just the right papers and accenting with just the right embellishments! So, join us and GET SKETCHY! 

THE CHALLENGE:  Find inspiration in this sketch! And, here's the fun part -- flip it any which way when you use it! Turn it 180 and use it that way! Flip it to the right or flip it to the left! You choose! When you create, just be sure to use one of Power Poppy’s new digital stamps to make your card or creation!

On to my creation!

For this card, I started by creating a kind of "frame" with my Tulips Digital Stamp. I created a canvas that was 5 inches wide and 4 inches tall in Photoshop Elements and then dragged and dropped the flowers, tilting until they were "just so!" After I had them where I wanted them, I tried to fit the sentiment from this digital download in the center. It was a little too big. You can see the file here below....


So, since this was a digital file... I shortened the sentiment! Instead of saying "May Life's Smallest Blessing Bring you the Greatest Joy," I erased parts and moved it around so that it could just read, "May Life Bring You Joy." That works!

After I printed my image, I colored it up with Copic Markers and used RV00, R81, R83, R85, G20, G40 and G43. I die cut my image with a large oval and while the oval was still on, I sponged some Spun Sugar Distress Ink to give it a soft glow. I also paper pierced around the die's edge too. The rest is just matting it all up! My paper is Echo Park Love Story and Carta Bella Alphabet Junction. I added some sewing and some BasicGrey buttons threaded with twine and.. ta da! Oh, I almost forgot, the die that my oval was matted on is Spellbinders Labels Seventeen. Now, we're done my friends!

Here's a close up!



Hope you play along in this "Get Sketchy" Challenge! If you want to see the official rules, just head on over to the Power Poppy Blog HERE and check them out! And, while you're hopping, be sure to see the fun-filled creativity that the Bloom Brigade whipped up with this sketch!

Don't forget.... there are more ways to WIN Power Poppy Goodness!

  • Don’t forget that if you follow the Power Poppy boards over on Pinterest you could win the entire release for June! We’ll be drawing a random follower to win! If you don’t follow us yet, you have until May 30th. Just click HERE and then click on the red “Follow All” button. 
  • Want to win a stamp set of your choice? Join us for the Pop Goes the World Challenge HERE! OR, join us HERE for the Unabashedly Upbeat Challenge! 
  • Winners will be announced June 2nd after Power Poppy's June Release!

That's it my friends! So glad you stopped by!
~Julie


Pin It

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, I love your soft colors and coloring! Beautiful layout with the sketch turned and fabulous papers! Gorgeous! Hugs!

Kathy Jones said...

Love your beautiful card Julie!! The way you've used the tulips is fabulous and love your colouring!!

Leslie Miller said...

Get outta town! Such beautiful colors and papers (you have the BEST papers), but what you did with the sentiment -- fabulous!