Friday, May 30, 2014

Sassy Succulents!

Hello all and welcome to Day 3 of Power Poppy's Swing Into Summer Release! Aren't the stamps too much fun? I sure think so and this next set is no exception! Ready to see?


Oh... there are so many colors and styles of these easy to care for plants! And now, you can have these fun and trendy plants on your cards and creations with this set called Sassy Succulents! This 4 by 6" set features not only this beautiful large grouping of Hens & Chicks but some adorable little planters featuring different kinds of these succulents! I can't wait for you to see these cuties! 

I have a handful of them featured on my creation -- so let's get to it!


Aren't these little pots of plants adorable? Me thinks so! I stamped them a row using Espresso Truffle Memento Ink and then colored them each up with Copics. I promised to try to take a photo of the markers when I have so many  involved. I made the mistake of just grabbing markers, using them and putting them back! Here's a peek at some of them -- YG00, YG21, YG23, YG23, B70, B72, BV00, V04, G11, G21, G24, G28, C00, C01, C03, C05, E97, YG61, YG63, RV21, RV32, RV35, W00, W01, W03 and BG0000, After I colored up the image, I did sponge on some Antique Linen and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks around the outside. I did that with the sentiment too after I punched it out with a Stampin' Up punch. I matted it all up, added some paper piercing and some fun little self stick candies (Stampin' Up).  Oh, I almost forgot. On the far right cactus, I did add some Raspberry Fizz Flower Soft for a little something extra. I thought this would be a fun way to add some razzle dazzle! And that, my friends is it!

Here's a close up of the sentie -- love that message!  


Before I go, I thought I'd share one of the succulents growing right now on my back patio... Moss Rose a.k.a. Portulaca. I just love the bright and bold color of these little blossoms and they just don't die in this hot Montana summer heat! ;-)


With that little splash of summer fun, why not head on over to the Power Poppy blog HERE -- there you'll find some of Marcella's inspiration for this set! And, while you're hopping, pay a visit to the Bloom Brigade to see the beautiful things they created using this set!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Katie Sims
Tosha Leyendekker


Tomorrow this fabulous release wraps and then all of these bits of gorgeousness will be on sale! What's tomorrow's clue? Here goes. You've seen these images before but now they are available a whole new way! Yes, that's your little hint! See you back here tomorrow!

~Julie

Pin It

12 comments:

Katie Sims said...

Me thinks so too, Julie! That are absolutely darling and your beautiful coloring shows them off amazingly! Love your dp's and simple sentiment treatment....just another day in Julie's craft room with totally awesome results...you make it look so simple! :)

KimCreate said...

Super cute layout with all those cute papers and the dots. Like the images lined up like that.

Allison Cope said...

Aww.... what a fabulous grouping of darling little succulents! I have to say, they're one of my favourite plants too Julie! I just love your colouring but especially your fuzzy blooms on your cacti! Awesome creation today!

Karen W said...

So pretty Julie, I love these succulents and your card is lovely!

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie! Awesomely fabulous and fun card, Julie! Beautiful coloring, great papers. You get it perfect every time!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Darling succulent group, wonderfully colored. I will have to get this set, seems so beautifully illustrated!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, these are darling! I just love each one in their unique pots! Fabulous coloring and great layout and papers! You've definitely sold me on them! And I always love piercing! Hugs!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, these are darling! I just love each one in their unique pots! Fabulous coloring and great layout and papers! You've definitely sold me on them! And I always love piercing! Hugs!

loulou said...

Fantastic card. I love how you have coloured the great succulent images and your paper selection is so much fun.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty! Your potted plants look great and I like the sketch design.

Cindy Lawrence said...

Mmm hmmm....this is WONDERFUL! Love all the texture...especially the Flower Soft on your cactus blooms! Great layout...great details...great coloring...GREAT CARD!

Unknown said...

Totally love this card hun!