Monday, January 6, 2014

It's a PageMaps Monday!


Hello all and happy Monday! I thought I'd share one of the BRAND new PageMaps sketches for you this morning to jump start your creative week! If you missed it, there were close to a dozen new sketches revealed over at pagemaps.com on Saturday and boy are they fun! Click HERE to see for yourself!

On to my creation! First up, here's my sketch......

And here's my "take" on it! 


I have to laugh, I am so "literal" when it comes to sketches. This was a stretch for me because guess what -- I didn't use a cupcake on my card! LOL! I actually used one of Flourishes stamp sets called Lots of Thoughts -- perfect for any and all occasions! Pair that up with some Alphabet Junction and Eclectic Everyday Papers blue seam binding ribbon, some bling and a fun die designed by Becky Fleck/Pagemaps! I also, as you can see, added some paper piercing around my squares just to add a little more interest. It's funny -- when I have a regular piece of cards stock -- I have to pierce it, die cut it or sand it. I can't just leave it alone. I wonder if there is a support group for folks like me??? 

And, here's a peek at the sentiment which is actually from the Friendship and Flowers set from Flourishes. There's also a better shot of that darling little die. It's called Address Book (just click on the link to see!)


And here's a close up of that fun little flower bunch! I stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on Flourishes Classic White Card Stock and then colored it up with a mix of Copic colors! Add a little razzle dazzle with glitter glue and... voila! 

And that, my friends, is it! Be sure to hop on over to Pagemaps.com and click on the CardMaps link. You'll see some of my Flourishes gal pals there with their stunning creations and get some fabulous sketch ideas too!

Mark your calendar! Tomorrow starts the sneak peeks for Flourishes January Release -- and a challenge that could have you walking away with all three new sets! I'll have a card and some of the details right here so be sure to come back. You don't want to miss it!

~Julie


Pin It

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You're funny! I'm generally pretty literal, too, when it comes to sketches. This is very pretty, Julie. I love the paper, the sketch, and that sweet little bouquet!

Bajalizzy said...

this is a really really cute card