Monday, December 2, 2013

A CardMaps Remix!


Well, it's the first of the month and the start of a new quarter.... which means it's also time for a new batch of CardMaps! This one is actually what Becky Fleck, operator extraordinaire of Pagemaps, likes to call a CardMaps re-mix! The PageMaps DT took some of our favorite sketches of the year and, put a new spin on them! 

So... here's a peek at one of the sketches I used.....



And.... here's a peek at my card!

For my card I used Flourishes set called Fanciful Flourishes, designed by Becky Fleck. I love the damask heart in this set -- so pretty! I stamped in Angel Pink Memento Ink onto some Flourishes Classic White Card Stock and then stamped the damask overtop using Memento Love Letters Ink. From there, I layered two dies from the Majestic Labels Twenty Five die from Spellbinders and ran it through my Grand Calibur. I LOVE all the infinite possibilities with this die set! While the die was still on, I did sponge on some Angel pink Ink. The sentiment strip was just a 3/4" strip of paper that I notched out the ends to create a pennant style banner. I stamped the "With Love" sentiment using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Add in some fun decorative paper and ... ta da! Done!

Here's a peek at the heart and sentiment...


 And here's a look so you can see a bit of the dimension added with some foam tape...



And that, my friends is it! If you want to see all the Cardmaps for this month along with the fabulous cards the DT and guest Pagemaps designers created, just head on over to the Pagemaps site and check them out! The fun thing? You can now "click to enlarge" all of the sketches and artwork!

Thanks for stopping by -- have a fabulous week and I'll see you back here soon!

~Julie


Pin It


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

This is gorgeous, Julie! I've always loved this heart. Heading off to check out the sketches now. Thanks!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous... This is romantic and love love the feel of this.