Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sneaks Day 3: S'more Fun!

You've come back for S'more Flourishes Fun? Well we're bringing it to you today! And for some more outdoor fun today - we think this set might be one of our favorites! Introducing the very darling....


 S'moreFunGraphic 

Get on the road again with this summer inspired set designed to share S'more Fun! From a darling daisy clad lantern and a vintage RV ready for summer to finger licking good S'mores fresh off the fire, this set is sure to bring smiles! This 4 by 6" set features three main images, an accent image plus four all-occasion sentiments. 

On to my creation.... I thought with summer fun, camping, kids camp, etc. that a single-serving size for S'mores would be a blast to create! And...... this is what the finished project looks like!


I started with a small brown paper bag. It's the kind you can buy at craft stores -- not the standard lunch size. I embossed it using a wood grain embossing folder and that served as the base. From there, I stamped my image on Flourishes Classic White Card Stock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored my image up with Copic Markers (see link list below for supplies used). To make sure my bag stayed closed, I thought about it and realized that if I added the stamped image to the front on a matted circle, I could tuck the decorative top underneath it -- keeping the bag closed! So, that's what I did. I also added a sentiment flag that I paper pierced and added a button to with twine. See?


And here's a peek at the project from the side. I took the Labels Seventeen Die, cut, embossed and then folded it in half, securing the back half of the fold to the back side of my bag. The front I left without adhesive so it could be opened and closed again and again. 


I just think the s'more image that is a part of this set is completely darling! Love the ooey gooey s'mores paired with those darling wildflowers and of course -- some mallows ready to roast! 


And that, my friends, is it!  Stick some marshmallows inside with a few graham squares and mini Hershey bars and you have some single-serving size fun ready for those pint sized people in your life! The flourishes team has some very fun summer inspired ideas to show you with this set, so drop on over and visit the Design Team today to see them all, and don't forget you have another chance to see.....

Mystery Blogger Graphic 

One of the Design Team Members is today's Mystery Blogger. If you comment on her blog you could be chosen to win today's great set! The more you comment on the DT Blogs, the better your chances of winning! So, grab a few marshmallows and head on over to see......

Do you want to win Flourishes' entire release for June?

  • You can play in the Textures of Nature Challenge – Deadline for entries is Friday at 5 PM EST. OR, play along with the gals for this week's Timeless Tuesday Open Sesame Challenge! Be sure to check out the links for the official rules!
  • All four of our June sets can be pre-ordered even before you see the last set tomorrow. Take advantage our New Release Bundle and get 10% off when you purchase all four together in a bundle.
  • All sets will be live first thing Friday morning along with the coordinating cut files for this release.
There's one more set tomorrow that's very sweet and tasty feeling :) So, be sure to stop on by!
SUPPLIES:
~Julie


Pin It

33 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You're just full of great ideas, Julie! I love how you tucked the flap behind the circle die to keep it closed, and the woodgrain embossing on the bag is genius! Super cute stamp, too!

Terry said...

One sweet card! Whew! S'mores and a wet soak field ready to roast some flood debris, grahams, Hersheys, and marshmallows! Two good events on one damp to wet evening along the flood plain. I'd love to send your yummy card to the landowner who decided to invite all the flood victim families along his road for a clean up celebration/ S'more roast. Good tastes for good work, well done. Your card is great all the way through. Keep Looking UP!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Okay...where do I start Julie!! I LOVE...seriously LOVE the embossed bag!! How clever is that. Then you had to go and create such a charming front with your perfectly colored image and little topper with the button and flag...What a fantastic idea!! LOVE this project!! I told my family we're BBQ-ing this weekend complete with a fire and s'mores. This set is killing me!!

jonim52 said...

Yummy, those marshmallows look so delicious, what a fun image. Fab card.

Karen W said...

What a sweet card, I love your coloring on this!

loulou said...

Now I have to admit I had to google s'mores. The Australian campfire treats don't seem anywhere near as delicious. I definitely feel like I have been missing out over all the years I've been camping.
What a great idea to make a treat bag. Love the woodgrain and your copic colouring is gorgeous.

Cammie said...

Yummy treat bag, Julie!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Just yummy!
Love the poppies!

Alica said...

Yum! The image looks wonderful and I love the idea of a little treat bag!

Heather Rogers said...

OMGoodness! That is too stinkin' cute! I love how you embossed the bag and made the cute bag topper. :)

Connie MacFarlane said...

Absolutely fabulous Julie! I love this idea and the way you decorated the bag to mimic a s'more is too cute. Some great new fun images in this set!

Lynne said...

Love this stamp, I can see using it over and over. Your card is delicious.

dpkennedy said...

Love this!! Dang, I might need this set!! Great colors you used...really evokes the feeling of camping! Really pretty creation Julie!

Sheri said...

What a fun set this is! I love how you colored it up so brightly. Perfect summer card

TLady said...

WHAT A SWEEEET IDEA!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! (I wondered who would do this image!) THIS LOOKS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! :) GREAT IDEA JULIE!!!!!!! :)

Susie said...

Julie, wouldn't these little bags be fun to give out at a backyard camp out? What a clever and fun idea today.

Katie Sims said...

OH my gosh....this is sooo cute! I love your little s'mores survival kit! LOL....I'll have one of those, please! :)

Linda said...

Love that pork & bean can. Genius!

BeckyTE said...

I hope I get S'more Flourishes stamps soon!

stampqueen said...

What a great idea!!! Love this set - another must have for me!!!

Rosy Newlun said...

Deliciously colored - I can taste the melted chocolate and oozy marshmallows from here!

Stacy Morgan said...

Totally cute gift idea! Your woodgrain look is awesome. Adorable!!!

Sue D said...

Very cute idea--I like the embossed bag.

Sue D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Oh My! Julie, this is completely Fabulous! I love your colors, textures and beautiful design! And what a great idea to emboss a paper bag, I love that idea! You always have the best ideas :)

Mary-Anne V said...

Now this is one truly adorable smote treat bag...love how you embossed the actual bag and made the topper. Wonderful colouring of the image too.

Kris B said...

Yummy card! Great layout and design! Love how you colored the image! TFS

Cynthia said...

This is really a fun design, Julie! Great set for summer campers and outdoor activities.

stamping sue said...

what a fun idea to emboss the brwon bag! also fun image.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally fabulous! The brown bag is another awesome idea!

Heather said...

Now that's what I'm talking about!! Everyone so far has been showing the adorable camper, and I've been waiting to see the s'mores!! Who doesn't love them?! Your little gift bag is adorable and I love the sentiment.

Traci M said...

This is such an adorable idea...I would want to reuse it after putting that much time into it for sure! Darling colors, texture, and a really special treat for someone!

Unknown said...

Awesome!! I love this gift package, Julie!! The image and sentiment are just perfect. Fantastic work!