Saturday, June 15, 2013

Cardmaps fun!



Hello all and happy Saturday! Today I have a special treat! Some of the Flourishes gals have joined the Pagemaps team to usher in a little source of creative inspiration with Becky Fleck's latest round of Cardmaps sketches! Each designer took a different sketch and created to her heart's content!

Here's a peek at my first sketch...(I have two!)


And here's a peek at my creation!


I just love Penny Black's new Life's Moments set created by Becky Fleck. The phrasing is fun and I thought this set would be a perfect pair with Becky's PageMaps Die collection from Spellbinders! I used the Say What? and On the Edge dies. I love the cute and whimsical feel of layering color and still letting the text shine through! Add some My Mind's Eye Paper, some seam binding ribbon, a button and twine and... there you have it! The bottom edge of my decorative strip in the center was created thanks to Spellbinders Labels Twenty. 

I have one more sketch to share as well! Here's a peek...
And, here's a look at my card!

Pair some fun True Freinds Carta Bella Paper with Becky Fleck's Sweet Home stamp set and this is the colorful result! I really thought that paper piecing the home would be a blast using the brick look of the decorative paper and some red polka dots for the roof. I added a sentiment strip and love the "You're my Homie!" sentiment. Too cute. I also added the On the Edge border at the bottom, some circle and scalloped circle die cuts thanks to Spellbinders Classic Circles LG and Blossom dies.

And that, my friends, is it!  Now if you hop on over to see these ladies below, you'll get fresh inspiration with different sketches and fabulous designs! And, if you want more than that -- you'll find it just a click away HERE -- with even more sketch ideas and samples! So, hop along and have some fun!

Allison Cope

Thanks for stopping by, see you back here soon!

~Julie


Pin It

5 comments:

Deborah Anton said...

These are all so fun! I love the take you took on both sketches especially the one with Lifes moment! Beautiful!

Dianne said...

Perfect sentiment for the first card, love the color theme you used, its such a pretty and meaningful card,the second one is way kool, love how you created the house, brilliant card thanks for sharing Julie and have a wonderful creative weekend..

Stacy Morgan said...

Both of these are darling Julie!

Unknown said...

The both cards are super cute! I love the all stamps you used...thanks for the enablers ;)

Linda Carson said...

Super-duper cute cards!