Friday, February 1, 2013

A Year in Flowers... for YOU!

Flourishes-Favorites 

Hi all and Happy Friday! Today, the Flourishes Design Team is serving up a bit of floral fancy! Each one of the Flourishes designers picked up their favorite from the A Year in Flowers Collection. Have you seen these stamps? If not, you're missing out! Each of the three sets offers a different flower of the month to last the whole year long. Here's a peek... 

A Year In Flowers GFX copy 

On to my creation! I have to say, of all the flowers, my absolute favorite is the sprig of daffodils in the A Year in Flowers 1 set. 

I started with THIS sketch from the Deconstructed Sketch blog. I loved the way the main image slanted to and fro! I stamped my flowers on Flourishes Classic White using Memento Rich Cocoa Ink and then colored up my image using these collections...





After I was done coloring it all up, I took some kraft card stock (coming soon to the Flourishes store!) and stamped on the Vintage Wallpaper background stamp using Rich Cocoa ink. I matted it up on the darkest shade in the Rich Browns Color Made Easy paper collection.  The decorative paper is Teresa Collins Now and Then (sold out from the Flourishes store.. :-( ). The matching enamel stickers are also from that collection. The ribbon is the Golden Rod seam binding from the Sunflower Color Made Easy Collection. Add some paper piercing, a sentiment from the Life Lines set stamped on a punched circle and that, my friends is it!


Are you ready for some floral creativity? Head on over and see our ever-so-talented Flourishes designers!

Thanks for stopping by everyone! TGIF -- hope your weekend is creative and fun! See you back here soon!

~Julie


Pin It

9 comments:

Tricia T said...

Gorgeous, Julie! That's one of my favorite images!!

Tricia

Karen W said...

Wow this is gorgeous!!

Allison Cope said...

Such a sunny, happy card Julie! Wonderful golden details. Beautiful design!

Sparkly Engineer said...

I have to say that the daffodils are my favorite as well. Yours are so beautifully colored they look like they are coming right off the page.

Becky said...

This is lovely! Wonderful design paper.

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL...and so springy!!! Love this design! Doing the happy dance about the Kraft CS :) .....yeah!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty! Your design is fun and oh the yellows are so vibrant!

Heather Rogers said...

Stunning Julie! I love the elegant papers and your pretty yellow bow. :)

Hugs~

dpkennedy said...

Hee, hee! It's one of my favorites too! Beautiful creation Julie!