Saturday, January 12, 2013

Valentine Drive for Kids in Need!

 

Hi all! I have a special little favor to ask of my friends in blog land! A number of years ago, my mom started a charity that serves the children staying at Children's Hospital of Michigan. She makes cards and Valentines for those kids who are staying in the hospital -- to brighten their spirits when they are facing some difficult times. Right now, my mom is hosting a card drive to make sure that all of the 250 kids being treated there get at least a handful of Valentines to share. My mom is offering up some REALLY nice mystery blog candy for those who donate and you can find out more about the drive by clicking HERE.

So, what did I do this weekend? Well, make Valentines of course! I was at JoAnn Fabrics and stumbled upon these darling stickers below. I thought they would be perfect! Afterall, kids love stickers and this would make them cute... and fast!   
I did have helpers! My darling daughter and I camped out and literally overtook my mom's dining room table! Oh my gosh was the paper flying!
Speaking of paper, this is pretty much were my mom sat to cut card after card after card!
We decided to make ATC sized creations. We stamped some and printed off sentiments thanks to the good ole computer. Here's just a small sampling! By the end of the afternoon, we had a couple hundred done!
Again, the more the merrier with this heart touching campaign. I can tell you from personal experience, there is NOTHING like seeing the smiles on these kids faces when they see something that was created just for them! The hospital has even set up mail boxes so the kids can have their Valentine's delivered to their door. The doctors and nurses, from what I am told, even get in on the action playing post man. It's quite a sight to see and is so amazing to be a part of. So... please... if you have some time and can make a few cards for some kids in need, I know my mom, and more importantly the KIDS would love it! :-)

Thanks for stopping by!
~Julie


Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Buffalo, NY! Hi Julie, I love your post about making the valentine's for the Children's Hospital in Michigan...your Mom is a great lady to do this. What a worthy cause and who doesn't love to make valentine's, right? This is the fourth year (I think)that I'm pitching in. I'm already up to 165 cards and plan to double that this year. For anyone who wants to help, you don't have to make hundreds, just send what you can...every little bit helps the kids! Thanks again, Julie! Debbie Pokerwinski

Donna Ellis said...

Julie, what great fun!