Monday, November 15, 2010

Pretty Paperwhites

Hi all and Happy Monday! I have no idea where the time goes... I blinked and the weekend was gone. Anyone else feel that way?

Last week Flourishes released a GORGEOUS floral called Paperwhites and I can already tell that it will be my "go to" stamp set in the winter. Have you ever tried forcing Paperwhite bulbs? I did one year and OH MY! I love these flowers fragrance. I might try that again this year. They say if you plant your bulbs around Thanksgiving, you'll have blooms for Christmas.

Ok.. moving on to my paper Paperwhite creation!
Because these flowers are so beautiful and white, I wanted my card to have a feeling of white. So, I stamped my flowers on Flourishes Classic White card stock using Tuxedo Black Memento and then colored with just a few Copic Markers -- YG63, Y21, G40, Y15 and Y38. I highlighted with B0000 and then blended with the Colorless Blender. The rest is simple! Add a sentiment, some paper piercing a strip of decorative paper, an embossed background and a pearl and... done! Pretty easy peasy!

Here's a closeup... I did add some glitter glue to the yellow centers of the flowers...


And that, my friends, is it! Hope life in your neck of the woods is going well! It's starting to feel a little bit more like winter here-- only supposed to be in the 40s here this week. EEK! I guess I should get serious and pull out all those sweaters! :-)
Thanks for stopping by! See you back here soon!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie your card is so elegant! Love it.
Hugs

Deborah Anton said...

Perfect!! I love the white Julie! Hope you are well!

Janine said...

Hi sweetie!!! How are you???
Love your card today!

Dee Jackson said...

Gorgeous Julie!! This card has made me move this set to the top of my list:)

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, so beautiful, Julie!! Your card is just so utterly elegant. Lovely work :)

Joan Fricker said...

Julie, beautiful card by a beautiful lady. Miss you!!!!

I hope you have a very happy birthday this week. Tell your Mom I said hi! How is her house coming along?

hugs
Joan

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful Julie. Love the white on white.
I have never seen Paprewhites before. I am a big gardener and have planted all kinds of flowers. This is one I will have to try. :)

Stampvanwinkle said...

This is very pretty Julie. Love the texture and sentiment. Just Beautiful.

Rae said...

I always feel that way about the weekend, Julie. Your card is very pretty. Love your sentiment, too.