Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hi all... it's release week for Flourishes and this month -- it's all about Christmas! Today as we kick off a few days of sneak peeks... we start with a whimsical and downright delicious set!!

Introducing...

This set - Sweets of the Season - offers up the best images to satisfly your creative sweet tooth! What's sweeter than a gingerbread couple, a tasty handful of peppermints and gumdrops, a toasty cup of hot chocolate or even a fresh plate of cookies just perfect for Santa? It's all here in this brand new set drawn by the ever-so-talented Marcella Hawley! Would you like to win this set? Simply leave us a comment here on this post. They'll draw a winner and announce this coming Saturday on the Flourishes blog!

On to my creation!

When I looked at this set, I immediately fell in love with this plate of cookies for Santa. It brought back so many memories - not only from my own childhood, but as a mom, watching my son and daughter scribble out a letter with such excitement to that fat old man from the North Pole! :-)

This card is pretty easy peasy! I stamped my image on Flourishes White cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored it up with Copics (Poppy, Spring Greens, Holly, Cool Neutrals and Flesh Tones collections grouped by Flourishes plus Y21 to shade the letter). Afterward, I added some glitter from a Stardust Gel Pen. Layer it up onto decorative paper, add a decorative punched border, a button, and some fun new peppermint striped ribbon and you're almost done! To mat up my main image, I used a circle die and one of the new Spellbinders dies called Beaded Circles. While the die was still on, I sponged some white pigment ink over the circles to give it a little extra pizazz!

Now... to one of my favorite sentiments in the set... isn't this just too fun!!?!?!


And, here's a close up of those darling little cookies!

If a peek at this set wasn't eye candy enough, head on over to see what the DT whipped up today!

  • Christine Okken
  • Cindy Lawrence
  • Danielle Kennedy
  • Dawn Burnworth
  • Julie Koerber -- that's me!
  • Laura Fredrickson
  • Leslie Miller
  • Stacy Morgan
  • Jan Marie Caruso


  • OTHER FUN HAPPENINGS THIS WEEK!

  • Join the Flourishes DT for FUN, GAMES & GIVEAWAYS this Thursday for our POWER HOUR Release Party! We'll show off all the latest releases and chat it up a bit! The party kicks off over at the Flourishes Member Company Forum over on Splitcoast Stampers at 9PM Central Standard Time!
  • Did you see that you could actually WIN the entire October release? All you need to do is join us for our "The Details are Sketchy" challenge! It's a fun-filled sketch challenge and you can read all about it HERE!

    The Sneak Peeks continue tomorrow so be sure to stop by! Tomorrow's set is one that has lots of fun-filled surprises! It not only coordinates with three of our most popular Christmas sets, but it was designed to be paired with some of your favorite Spellbinders dies! Some of the Spellbinders Design Team will even be joining us to show you just how much fun you can have with this set! See you then!

  • 16 comments:

    Glenda said...

    You guys are killing me.....I want it all.....I just keep seeing more and more that I would love to have. Your card is beautiful! I love the little saying and your coloring is wonderful!

    petra,s cards said...

    wauw what a fantastic card i love the collors!!!!
    xx petra

    Deborah Anton said...

    Awesome card Julie!! I need to get going on some holiday cards!

    Lisa H. said...

    let the fun begin! great card, love the details and the ribbon and well, the whole thing. thanks for sharing!

    Emily Keaton said...

    Such a fun card!! I LOVE those yummy treats. They look good enough to eat--right now :)

    Allison Cope said...

    Fabulous card Julie! I just adore this new stamp set!

    dpkennedy said...

    Love the images in this set...these cookies are so sweet! The corduroy button is the perfect cozy accent!

    creativearts said...

    The plate of cookies are inviting us to eat them! Very real looking!

    creativearts said...

    The plate of cookies are inviting us to eat them! Very real looking!

    Laura (scrapnextras) said...

    Yummy! Love the sparkly effects of the gel pen on your cookies! Cute card!

    Leslie Miller said...

    Too sweet, Julie! I've added calories just looking! Love your white sponging, and the ribbon and button are a fabulous finish!

    Sharon Basel said...

    Cute card and I love this image! Brings back happy memories for me too!

    Holly said...

    Absolutely darling! LOVING the sneaks for this set! Can't wait to see what else you gals have up your sleeves!! :-)

    ChristineCreations said...

    I can just picture your kids leaving a note for Santa! You've captured it beautifully Julie! Your decorated cookies are gorgeous!

    Stacy Morgan said...

    So fun and cute! The gingham paper is great and I just love that stripped ribbon.

    Dawn B. said...

    I love this sentiment too.. My son still writes a letter to Santa.. I hate telling him otherwise. This is beautiful Julie.. You used the perfect paper for this ribbon. Great job.