Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Let Flourishes June Sneak Peeks Begin!

Hi all! Flourishes is jump starting their sneak peeks for their June release with a peaceful, easy feeling!

Introducing...


What I love about these sets is the fact that they go so well together. First, Swan Lake features a series of nature stamps that you can use to create your own Swan Lake scene! There's water hydrangea, cygnets, natural grasses, cattails and a hanging willow branch. This set is a perfect match for one of the new sentiment sets that Flourishes is releasing called Life Lines. All are beautiful nature inspired sentiments for those all occassion cards and creations!

Ok... moving on to my card!


When I looked at the new Swan Lake set, I saw an oval shape with bits and pieces of this set peaking through -- and so that is what I aimed to do! I stamped the swan, the grasses and the willow branch, colored it up with Copic Markers (Water, Violet, Fields, Cool Neutrals and the medium orange in the Tiger Lily collection -- all grouped by Flourishes) After I was done, I matted it up using some Webster's Pages decorative paper. For my shapes I used an oval Nestability die and a Big Scalloped Oval Nestie die. Add some sewing, paper piercing and a "delightful" sentiment with the new Life Lines set and... voila! You can't see it in my photo, but I did add some Crystal Glitter Glue to the flowers and foliage to give it a kind of fairy tale feel.

This Week at Flourishes

Don't want to wait until Flourishes' Official Release to order our new sets? Check out the web store's home page to see how you can preorder all four fabulous sets! Click HERE to check it out!

Want to win all four new sets? You still have a chance if you enter our Sunshine and Blue Skies Challenge! Click HERE to check it out! The challenge ends Friday, June 11th at 5 PM Eastern!

Join the DT for the POWER HOUR Release Party at the NEW TIME! Join us Thursday, June 10th at 9PM CST. We'll not only unveil all of the new sets, but showcase inspiring cards and projects! We'll have fun, games, giveaways, and of course, lots of chatter with our design team! You can join the party HERE on the Flourishes Forum over on SCS!

Now, feel free to hop on over and see the rest of the DT's sneaks!

  • Christine Okken
  • Cindy Lawrence
  • Danielle Kennedy
  • Dawn Burnworth
  • Laura Fredrickson
  • Leslie Miller
  • Stacy Morgan

  • See you back here tomorrow for day two of the sneaks! Tomorrow's set features an earthy and warm set of designs that are rich in elegance. Interested? Be sure to check back!

    19 comments:

    Sabrina said...

    I love that willow trailing into the like - it reminds me of a friend's cottage where we sometimes go for a break. And I love your popped-up swan, too.

    Glenda said...

    All I can say is Wow....such beauty!

    Karen W said...

    What a beautiful card, great idea on the oval also.

    Dee Jackson said...

    Beautiful Julie!! I love the layout and papers but the main image and your coloring just steal the show!!

    Dawn B. said...

    This is so pretty Julie. I love the paper you chose for this set.. It was meant to be with this set.. Great job.

    Donna said...

    Gorgeous card, Julie. Love the colors and the peaceful feeling these sets give. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Stacy Morgan said...

    Julie this is peeking through into a gorgeous relaxing scene. I really adore how you colored this. I simply need to come over there and watch you color. :0) Beautiful card.

    Nerina said...

    Love the detailing you added here! The layering on the swan and the tree branches framing the picture - it's like we're peeking through the bushes :0) Gorgeous card!

    Beate said...

    BEAUTIFUL card, Julie! I already preordered all the sets. I know I will NEED them.
    Hugs and grins

    Barbara said...

    Just beautiful, Julie! Fabulous design!

    dpkennedy said...

    I knew I would find a stunning creation here! LOVE this card!

    ChristineCreations said...

    This is beautiful Julie! The papers you've combined and the shapes are so classic, beautifully colored too, and i love the swan popped up...and the cute little butterfly from the dp by the sentiment. Totally great!

    Silke Ledlow said...

    So beautiful Julie!!! I love this new Set and you showed it off perfectly!!! Hugs ~S~

    Leslie Miller said...

    I fell in love with this card from the get go, Julie! Such a nice choice of papers and colors for this image, and so beautifully colored. Love how you made the card postage friendly, too. And to top it off, you popped up and bumped out the swan -- fabulous!

    Cheryl O said...

    Love your color choices and match with your DP. Looks great! I also like the way the cut the stamp image to show off more of your entire card as well....very put together!!!

    Jerri Jimenez said...

    Absolutely stunning Julie, I can't wait to see all the sets, the ferns are gorgeous!

    Darlene said...

    BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the serene scene you have here and beautiful color!

    Melisa Waldorf said...

    Your card is GORGEOUS!! Another beautiful set!

    Anonymous said...

    Wow this card is beautiful!! Love the scene, the DP and every little thing!! Simple layout but stunning results!! Into my favourites!!
    Beth Greco