Thursday, May 13, 2010

Flourishes Sneak Peeks... day 2!

Spring may be in full swing, but thanks to Marcella Hawley, you can have a breath of fresh air on your cards and creations.... all year long!

Introducing...Cherry Blossom Graphic jpg

There's nothing like the sweet smell of cherry blossoms in bloom. This set artfully drawn by Marcella Hawley features a beautiful blooming branch, a single flower, two accent flowers, plus six sweet sentiments. It's a beautiful and timeless set that is sure to become one of your floral "go to" stamp sets!

Would you like to win this set? Simply leave us a comment over on the Flourishes Blog on today's post and you might walk away with this new blooming beauty! While you are over at the blog, you'll have to check out this week's happenings! Tonight is the POWER HOUR Release Party! We switched things up a bit so that we could throw in a few more surprises! So, join us TONIGHT, MAY 13th at 9 PM Central Standard Time HERE in the SCS Flourishes Forum!

Onto my creation!

When I saw the new Cherry Blossoms set, I just fell in love with this blooming branch - completely and utterly in love. I looked at the flowers and just saw them in my head colored up in really soft shades. So, I tried to recreate just that!

I stamped the branch using Versafine Sepia on Flourishes European Watercolor Paper and then, I picked up my Distress Ink Reinkers and watercolored the branch. I used Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, Tea Dye, Shabby Shutters and Broken China. I swear, there is nothing more relaxing than painting. And, there's nothing better than painting up a beautiful image like this! After I was done, I wanted to keep my layout sweet and simple. I added some pattern paper, a sentiment from the set, a stitched edge, a punched border, some sheer ribbon and my cherry on the top was a rose colored pearl.

And that, my friends, is it! Hope you join the DT and I for tonight's release party! Until then, the Design Team's creations are in full bloom and are waiting for your visit! So, be sure to hop on over and see...

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Sharon Doolittle

Tomorrow, Flourishes wraps up the sneak peeks with a beautiful set that will have some of your Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies singing with joy! So much so, Flourishes snagged some of the Spellbinder's Blog Team to help us unveil this new, one-of-a-kind set! You can get a sneak peek tonight if you join us for our Release Party! :-) See you back here tomorrow!

p.s. Some of you know my mom The Rubber Maid -- she's that funny lady who loves to crack the jokes when she's showing off her fabulous cards. Well, today is her BIRTHDAY! So, if you have some time and want to make the old lady's day, please go over and wish her a Happy Birthday HERE! I won't tell you how old she is but let's just say she's 35 times 2 plus 3!! She was VERY old when she had me! :-)

24 comments:

Karen W said...

So soft and pretty! These new sets are just wonderful!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Ooooh, this is soooo soft and sweet! Your coloring is DIVINE, and I love those extra petals falling from the cherry blossoms! Gorgeous card, girl! Happy birthday to your mom too! :)

Velta said...

Oh Julie ~ My favorite set so far! Your coloring is just perfect for this gorgeous image! TFS!

The Rubber Maid said...

Hey just cause you put up a pretty card and tell people to wish me well on my birthday doesn't mean you can be mean to this OLD broad...I wasn't THAT old when I had you. I was futuristic cause now days women start produce in their 40's. Beautious new set I'm sure, and lovely card, Dust Rag (that's your name again.)
Mom

Jerri Jimenez said...

A beautiful card Kellie, love this new set!

Unknown said...

Very pretty, Julie!! Your cherry blossoms are so pure and soft. I love it!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply GORGOEUS Julie!!! Your water coloring is so soft and perfect...I love it!!! Hugs ~S~

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So pretty!

Sharon (sewflake) said...

Oh Julie, I love the realistic look of your Cherry blossoms, those little falling petels are the perfect touch. I will have to give my had at coloring with distress inks, I love the soft effect they gave to your art work.

Leslie Miller said...

Julie, your's was the first card I saw with this set and I just coudn't believe how pretty it was! I was so very inspired by the clean design, soft colors, and beautifully painted image. Love those falling petals, too. A wonderful detail!

Anita said...

Love your card. It's just so soft and pretty. Looks like I'm going to have to order this set for sure. Also love reading your mother's blog, she truly is funny. So I'm off to wish her a HB!

Janine said...

OMG this is gorgeous!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie this is simply beautiful! Your coloring rocks and the little bit of stitching is awesome. Just beautiful.

Dawn B. said...

I really love your coloring on this card Julie.. it is so pretty. I have to give this at try.. Your colors are warm and inviting.. Great job.

Michele Boyer said...

Gorgeous! I love your soft blue shading behind the flowers. Lovely, lovely, lovely!

Magia da Inês said...

♥♥ Olá, amiga!
Passei para uma visitinha...♥
Gosto do seu cantinho... sempre agradável, criativo e encantador... você é muito talentosa.
Ótima semana! ♥
♥♥ Beijinhos.
Itabira - Brasil ♥♥

Traci M said...

Wonderful watercoloring...I love this!! Can't wait to see all the sneak peeks tonight!

ChristineCreations said...

Just beautiful Julie! Love the soft ribbon and tiny bow and your coloring is gorgeous! Plus I love that you added the falling blossoms too.

dpkennedy said...

Your watercoloring is outstanding! It's so soft, feminine, and pretty! Those falling petals are perfect! Gorgeous card!

Allison Cope said...

Such a beautiful card Julie! Love the subtle blue of the back ground!

Sue from Oregon said...

Had to laugh...your Mom told you! Great card...I live in the midst of thousands of cherry trees, so I appreciate the beauty of this card!

Yogi said...

pretty card. nice soft feel to it.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

What a classic beauty! Your watercolouring is perfect and the design so elegant. Love this!

Jenny Gropp said...

Lovin' it!!! I love love love this set too. the branch is FAB!