Thursday, February 18, 2010

Just Tab It...Stamp Simply Style

Hi all and TGIF! It's time for another Stamp Simply challenge! This one you could say... is a recipe card with a twist! Think of flipping through a recipe box filled with cards -- the tabs/dividers come to mind instantly. That's where we are headed with this one! It doesn't have to be a recipe... in fact, all it needs is a tabbed element on it to give you that impression of a traditional recipe card in a box.

Well, when I started creating, I realized my tab is on my card... not really hanging off -- so I think this is my own spin on the challenge! :-)

This card is super duper easy peasy.... it's stamped simply because there is only one stamped image on it and that's the sentiment! I used some Crafty Secrets Cotton Scraps, did a little stitching, matted it up on some Basic Grey paper, added a tab, a button threaded with some fun Burlap String and then stamped my sentiment (From the Garden - Flourishes) using Denim Adirondack ink. The base of the card is actually an unusual size. It was cut to fit in one of those banker's envelopes. You can see I did try to add some pizazz to my base layer. I used a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and ran my decorative paper through and then lightly sanded it to really reveal my embossed design! I really love the look!

And that, my friend, is it! Hope you make time for play time! When you create your cards, don't forget to link up to the challenge post on Sharon's Stamp Simply post using Mr. Linky! Don't forget to hop on over and see what the other Stamp Simply gals cooked up!

Deb --- our Guest Designer for February!
Sharon
Janine
Jennifer
AJ
Tammy
Barbara
Jenny
Barb
Deb

Thanks for stopping by! See you back here soon!

11 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Just beautiful, Jewels!!

Janine said...

Hi sweetie!! Love this!! I need spring bad!!

Darlene said...

This is darling! LOVE the cotton scrap image and your stitching/buttons are the perfect addition! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh how pretty -- vintage -- lovely!!!! I am oogling it in a BIG way!!! You are TOO good!!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

This is so, so pretty! I love vintage, and all of your elements here are just lovely!

The Rubber Maid said...

Beautious card it's just plain loverly. Mom

Diane said...

Another beauty Julie!!!

Barbara said...

Just GORGEOUS, Julie! Love how you incorporated that Cotton Scrap!

Ida said...

Simply Gorgeous!

Velta said...

Adorable Julie! I was too late for the challenge, but will be up for the next one!

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty! I love that cotton scrap! The distressing is lovely!