Monday, December 14, 2009

Need a last minute Christmas Card.... or two.. or six?

Can you believe I am still working on Christmas cards? I laugh because now I'll be lucky to get them sent by New Year's! So, if you're like me and need to make a few more -- I have a fabulously easy design that I actually CASED!

This card is very similar to one that was in the Stampin' Up Holiday Mini Catalog. I loved the clean lines - the pop of red and the trees. Well, I had a lot of the elements -- only my stamps are from Impression Obsession!

The details are pretty easy to see! Iused a nesties die for my main shape. Stamp a small and large tree and emboss with white detail embossing powder on some red and green paper. Cut out -- layer (the small tree has foam tape behind it). Add some red ribbon, some bling and a fun sentiment (also from IO) and... bam.. before you know it... you have 6 cards! I actually did all of these in less than an hour!

Thanks for stopping by! I have a few more easy peasy cards to share this week. So, if you need a few designs -- stick around! I've got you covered!



Stamps: Swirl Tree, Small Swirl Tree by Impression Obsession
Ink: Versamark and white detail embossing powder, Vivid Olive Green
Ribbon: Martha Stewart
Bling: Kaiser Red Rhinestones
Extras: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8
Paper: Bazzill and Stampin' Up decorative paper

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you have a great start to the week!

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Very cute creations Julie!!! Don't feel bad, I don't have all my cards created yet and I haven't even put one in the mailbox yet! Yikes!! I'd better get busy! My Open House is open so now I can concentrate on getting done ... this will be a great help!! Thanks for the idea & inspiration!! Happy Day my friend!!

Anonymous said...

IO site seems to be down at the moment in prep for site sale. Hope to see it up soon for some more great sentiments like the Helen Steiner Rice elegantly displayed on your happily snow embossed card. Big compliment to her blest wisdom! We are trying to make med trip. Search is on for road conditions in city. Highway is passable with bridge icing conditions 85% to 99% on Y Riv Bridge. Stay home and stamp! Good idea! Keep Looking UP!

Diane said...

They are so lovely Julie!!! Get crackin' girl,it's almost here,lol!

Shirley said...

What a really cool way of using those stamps. I really like the way the embossing turned out against those colors! Beautiful card, Julie!