Friday, October 9, 2009

A Season that Sparkles!

In a matter of days, the package over at Flourishes will be unwrapped unveiling a bunch of new surprises just in time for your Christmas cardmaking marathons! And, to get ready, Flourishes is ushering in a one of a kind challenge that could land YOU with their whole October release. It just so happens to include six... yes six..new stamp sets!

So, here's the challenge! Glitzy packages, the new fallen snow, a Christmas ornament shimmering from the lights on the tree - all of these things equal magic during the holiday season! Capture that sparkle on a card and share your creativity for our A Season That Sparkles Challenge! Once you make your card, you just need to use Mr. Linky and add your name to the list on THIS post! This contest will close Friday, Oct. 16th at 4PM CST. Winner gets our entire release for October!

So... now to my sparkly creation!

For my card, I wanted it to look like one of those holiday flags -- so I clipped the bottom of a strip to create that "V". I used gold detail embossing powder to stamp the Christmas Wreath from the Seasonal Wreaths set and then colored up the glass balls with the bright collection of Copic Spica pens. I love the micro sparkle from these pens! I will say, it's really hard to capture this on camera! You might just need to trust me. Here's a close up......

The rest was matting up my image. I used some deep red Bazzill card stock and a really old piece of Christmas decorative paper from Penny Black that has sat in my dp drawer forever. I guess it was waiting for just the right moment! I also added some small self stick gold pearls at the top and .... voila!

Want to see the glitzy creations from the rest of the Flourishes DT? Hop on over and see....

Christine Okken
Latisha Yoast
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Cindy Lawrence

Hope you make time to play! Once you see the new sets, you might not be able to resist! :-) Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a fabulous weekend! :-)

11 comments:

Karen W said...

This is so pretty, I love those pens, they add so much to the cards.

Joan Fricker said...

Very sweet card. Beautiful!!

Joan

denise g. said...

I'm too old for this! I thought for a moment that I was at the wrong stamper's studio, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new background!!! Then I about get blinded by the shine. You were a bit hard on me, however it is WELL worth it. Beautiful card! Love that background paper and how you made the holiday flag. Elegant is you, my dear. Happy Weekend!

ChristineCreations said...

The flag feeling is just so lovely Julie. And the wreath is simply gorgeous with all the gold and sparkle.

Hey....you with the new blog design again...very fun and warmly autumn. Lovely job!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Wonderful design Julie! I love the shimmer of the Spica pens...gotta get them next! Your colours are amazing!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very clean and classy, I LOVE it... Are you shocked. lol You can see your gold glitz right away, I like the fancy flag feel you gave this too. Beautifully done.

NancyK said...

I wasn't quite sure how to color this wreath and I love how you embossed in gold then colored it! Very bright and pretty!

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, the gold embossing is a great idea with this wreath, Julie! I just love the card design and the perfect paper, as well as the fact that it looks easy to mail. Very pretty! Love your new blog design, too. Must be fun to be able to change it up once in a while!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh my goodness what a beauty!!! Love the embossing - Julie!!! Hugs ~S~

Latisha said...

Julie this is gorgeous!!

Jenny Gropp said...

You're gonna tease with more new stuff that I will want to play with??? Love the card!