Thursday, August 27, 2009

Stamp Simply-- No Comfort Zone Here!

Hi all! It's almost the weekend, which means, it's time for one of my favorite challenges -- the Stamp Simply Challenge (ssnotime102) courtesy of the fabulous Sharon Johnson!

This one is all about getting uncomfortable! :-) Well, not really. Here's the scoop. We all have our stamping "comfort zones." We might not even realize it -- but we do! So, today Sharon is challenging us to get away from it - use something that you've never used. Do something that is not characteristic of what you do on your cards!

And, my card, has no stamping on it whatsoever!


I decided to get "scrappy!" I took beautiful Basic Grey papers, some fun ribbon (Hobby Lobby), a button (the Paper Studio), a Martha Stewart border punch and some stickers and I went to town. The papers and stickers are all from the Basic Grey Lemonade collection. I mean to tell you -- this card was so hard. I have to admit - I am really bad at getting out of my comfort zone! I think this card turned out OK. Something looks a little out of balance. And, stickers? Hhhhmm. I don't really use them much. Then, I don't really do "cutesy" well either. So, there you have it. I got out of my comfort zone but I'm not really comfortable with the results! LOL!

I do think the little bee is darling though! I added some sparkle to his little wings! See?
So, if you stop by and want to say "hi" but don't really dig the card -- don't worry! I won't be offended! Just say -- Hope all is well! And, I'll get your drift!! LOL!

If you want to see how the rest of the team got out of their comfort zone, be sure to stop by and visit the rest of the gals! Be sure to wish my mom Pat a fond farewell! This is her last week with us as the guest designer! Sniffle. Sniffle! It was so much fun to have her around and have her with us for these challenges!! I still think she should be the team cheerleader! ;-)

Pat Adam, August Guest Designer -- My mom... YEAH!!
Janine
Jennifer
AJ
Tammy
Deb
Barbara
Jenny

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you can get out of your creative zone and join us this week! :-)

11 comments:

The Rubber Maid said...

Totally darn cute. Love that little bee and all the cute paper. Very cute card for sure. Mom

Silke Ledlow said...

No stampin' - that works for me...LOL!!! Hard for me to do as well!!! I think it's super beautiful and the little bee is the cutest!!! Hugs ~S~

Joan Fricker said...

Julie,
Cute card! Pat and and Silke nailed it when they said "cute bee". I will add the word adorable to it too!

Joan

Janine said...

Love it Julie!! and no stamping!!
YIKES!!!
Have a great day girlfriend!!

Darlene said...

HOPE ALL IS WELL ....


TeeHee ... kidding! This is cute as can be ... but I agree .. it's definately NOT YOU!! But I like the sparkly winged Bee! Isn't it hard to NOT STAMP ... just doesn't feel right!! Have a great weekend!! And get those stamps back out!!!

Barbara said...

It's as cute as can *bee*! Every now and then a no stamp card is a good thing, LOL, and this one is "a good thing." Love it, Julie!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is springy and cute! I like that little bee!

Joan B said...

very cute. LOVE the ribbon and the way it is cut.

Jenny Gropp said...

no stampin? I didn't even think of that--it would be soooo far out of the comfort zone!!! It turned out totally sweet... we are our own worst critics. I tell you this challenge worked us all over a bit!lol!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Julie this is adorable! Love that sweet little bee, and the sparkle on the wings! You rock any design girl, whether there are stamps on it, or not!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is SO adorably CUTE! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what you did with the little ribbon and button and the line of stitching!!! GREAT card!!!