Friday, August 7, 2009

Royal Poppies!

Hi all! Flourishes is celebrating its second birthday and to get ready for the smash release NEXT week... they wanted to set the scene by honoring their customers who we consider - royalty!

That's why the design team is ushering a challenge... to all of YOU!

HOW TO PLAY: Try to create a card fit for a king or queen! Use regal embellishments, a lavish paper, a beautiful image, glitz it up! Link your creation to this post on the Flourishes Newsletter. If you upload to Splitcoast - please use the keyword FLLCAUG. You have until Friday, August 14th at 5 PM Eastern to have your creation uploaded! We can't wait to see what you come up with!

WHAT YOU COULD WIN: All of our new releases that will be revealed starting next Wednesday, August 12th over on the Flourishes Newsletter.

For my createion, I mixed the Spellbinders Classic Frame die with silk ribbon in all it's splendor, and some bling -- and you get these grand poppies that actually do... pop!
I used some Wassail Basic Grey paper for my decorative paper backdrop. My poppies were stamped multiple times and colored up with the Poppies Collection from Flourishes (just click on the link to see the listed colors!) and I used the Evergreen collection for my leaves. Add some of the deeper shades from the Flesh Tones collection to the edges of my ivory cardstock to accent and antique my creation and... voila!
Here's a close up! You can see I did cut out and popped up with the help of glue dots on my main image.
Want to see the other regal creations the DT crafted? Just skip on over to see....

We hope you make time to play! Afterall, if you win, you will be the first to get your hands on Flourishes' August release - 3 full sets and a beautiful accent stamp created.... just for YOU!
p.s. Scroll down for this week's Stamp Simply challenge!! It's a fun one!

19 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Well, this one's a stunner! Love those poppies and how you 'popped' them up (how appropriate!).

denise g. said...

OK, you win. Game's over. You got royalty perfected with this one. I'm going over to see the new guest designer for Stamp Simply now. I'll hop back by another day, I'm sure.

Joan Fricker said...

Jullie, what a beautiful card and it truly is fit for a Queen. Great job!

Joan

Melisa Waldorf said...

WOW!! GORGEOUS!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous, the poppies are beautiful and I love the frame you used.

Connie M. said...

This is just beautiful, Julie! I love the framed poppies, and the DP is just so rich looking!!

Darlene said...

Simply GORGEOUS!!

ChristineCreations said...

What you did with that frame is just gorgeous Julie! Is it metallic paper? Gorgeous combined with the beautiful poppies! Totally royal!

Latisha said...

So so pretty Julie!! Love that frame!!

Leslie Miller said...

Very pretty and elegantly framed, Julie! I just love these poppies, and the colors you chose for them -- classic beauty!

Joan B said...

gorgeous, lovely, beautiful, i'm out of adjectives...

Nancy Jensen said...

Julie, your card is just GORGEOUS! Breathtaking! I just bought that set but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

Ida said...

Very striking. Love the bright red poppies and how you "popped" them up. Gorgeous papers as well.

Ida said...

Very striking. Love the bright red poppies and how you "popped" them up. Gorgeous papers as well.

Diane said...

Haven't around much,but I need to come and admire your beautiful work Julie!!! This is gorgeous girl!

Jenny Gropp said...

STUNNING. Love it Julie!

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, this is a beauty!

Lenoria said...

This is beautiful. I have this set but it has never looked this good.

Coralee Schindel said...

This card made me "have" to go finally buy the Classic Frame. Ive been wanting it, but seeing this card made it a must have! Wonderful card; its stunning. Now I must "have" the poppies!