Monday, August 10, 2009

just me and my camera phone....

Hey all! Hope you had a smashing good weekend! I did! In fact, I have nothing new to show you.... only a bit of fun and a celebrity sighting!

I guess my family and I were just itching for fun this weekend because - it started here....
And the Magic City Blues Fest. Hubby and I got to listen to some good music and have some fun together. Everyone who knows me --- KNOWS-- date night, unfortunately, is a rare event. So, this was fun!

Then, we went and watched pigs fly! We went to the Pig Races at the Bearcreek Saloon. It's a small, blink your eye and miss it kind of town where this is really all there is. It's the best kind of fun if you ask me! All the money from the races go toward scholarships, which is so nice.

Here's my DD taking in the fun....her pig came in second unfortunately.... Here's DS and DH literally talking smack about the races. Really? Can you talk smack at a pig race where there is absolutely no way to predict which pig is the most hungry and is running literally for alfalfa? Hhhhhmmmm... that man gene is a powerful thing!
And, now for the celebrity sighting. It was so odd being in the middle of no where to see Laura Innes. Remember her? She was Dr. Kerry Weaver on E.R. It was hysterical, I was walking by her and you know that -- 'I know I know you' kind of feeling? Well, I saw her and then it hit me. An hour passed and before you knew it the bar was in a buzz with folks whispering and saying... hey, is that HER? It's funny how little depth perception folks have when they are yelling at the person across the table! ;-)

So, I pretended to be texting someone and snapped this photo!!! LOL!!
Well my friends, the paper has been flying in my craft room but I can't show you anything new yet! We have Flourishes August release coming up Wednesday, and then I have some other big projects I am trying to juggle too.... so... check back Wednesday! I'll have some fun things to share then!

Take care!

10 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Glad you had a date night and some time away.
LOL Oh my goodness I would of done the same thing with the photo. LOL I bet she gets a lot of folks doing that when she is in town. I liked her on ER.

Darlene said...

FANTASTIC photos ... looks like such a fun family day out!! Good for you!! LOVE the pic of you & hubby ... so cute! And even though I never watched ER (can't watch those blood/needles kind of shows, lol) I did recognize her from your pic! How funny is that ... a celeb at the pig races!! Thanks for sharing!!

Joan Fricker said...

Julie, what an adorable picture of you and your DH. It looks like you had a grat time with your family.

Pig races are new to me. I haven't heard of them in Indiana, but I bet it was a hoot!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Joan

denise g. said...

Ooh, those pig races look like fun! I've been trying to get Jeff to take me to the lawn mower races, but he's such a fuddy-duddy. And I never watched ER and would have had no clue she was famous, but she obviously knows how to have fun, just like you guys!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love those pig races what a fun time for all. Looks like the day was a really fun one and you and Ken look great on you "date" night.
Mom

Anonymous said...

great pics Julie, you guys really looked like you were having lots of FUN!

Janine said...

WOW!! Dr. Weaver at the pig races. How hysterical!!
It looks like you guys had a blast!! Missing you girlfriend!!

Diane said...

Wonderful pics and wonderful time!
I think we all need to that more often,life is just too short!!
Glad you all had a porkin' good time!

Anonymous said...

Riotious Pig 1 and Pig 2 heading 'round the bend! We have threatened to stop by when on a weekend drive in past years. So glad you did!! Instead we met and shared time with two newly adopted Haitian children who ask for pig instead of pork as is their homeland custom when ordering/ requesting food choices. Grin, we all pigged out. Now find Makin'Bacon, the game, and race to high scoring finishes during game time! We learned many combinations making us practice quick multiplication and addition skills. Besides those little piggies are so cute!! Thanks for sharing fam pics. Just lovely!
Keep Looking UP!

Unknown said...

What fun pictures! I haven't been to the Bearcreek Saloon in many years! I used to board my horse just below where the pig races are back in 1987! Some friends of ours used to own the Saloon prior to that!