Sunday, August 30, 2009

Clean and Simple!

Sometimes all you need is a great image, a nice sentiment, and a quick and easy technique to create a clean and classy card! I can't claim credit for this one though! I made this card recently at a Stampin' Up class that I went to! I hate to admit this... I have absolutely no details as to the sets I used on this card! I am so sorry! I guess my main point of sharing was to show the very simple and striking layout! I used the oval and scalloped oval SU punches with a little bling added to some satin ribbon! The background was stamped not with Versamark, but a complimentary color of ink in a darker tone. The flower was stamped with permanent black ink and colored by picking up color with a blender pen from the lid of an ink pad and then lightly adding the color to the stem, leaves, petal and center of the flower. Just that simple!

Well folks.... hope you are enjoying your weekend! It's been a nice one here in my neck of the woods. And, for that, I am thankful! See you all back here soon!

7 comments:

The Rubber Maid said...

Simply elegant! Love this card. MOM

Darlene said...

Simply beautiful my friend!! I need to do this more ... thanks for inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I always love looking at your creations!!! You are an amazing, talented artist! Hope all is well :)
Many Blessings~

Janine said...

Hi sweets!! Love this one! Great color choices as well as being simple and beautiful!!

Sharon D said...

Hi Julie, Beautiful card! The stamps are both from SU's set Soft Summer, which was available in the spring 2009 mini catalog. Love that blender pen technique!

Diane said...

Absolutely gorgeous Julie!!!

Bettie said...

Julie, all your cards are so beautiful. I love when you post them. Bettie from Butte