Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fun Stuff!

Want a fun idea for baby announcements without being a typical baby announcement? Well, I have one for you!

A few months back, Dawn Gehring, the editor of Crafts 'n Things, asked if I wanted to play in a challenge for the magazine. The challenge, was to use a postcard (Avery perforated for your ink jet printer) and stamp it up! Well, first of all, the cards are fun because they are meant for printer ink and so -- they take your stamping ink -- perfectly!!!

So, this is what I cooked up!
I love that stamp set! It's called Build-A-Tree from Impression Obsession. You can essentially build your own tree with leaves, flowers, apples.... too cute!!! The sentiment on the front is from the Flourishes - Flourished Words set.

This is the back side....

And again, all the printing was just done on my home computer! If you want to learn more about how I put it all together and what inks I used etc. check out the June issue of Crafts 'n Things! I have a couple other projects in there too!

Hope your week is off and running with a great start! I'll see you back here soon!

12 comments:

denise g. said...

This is sure cute, but does the ever so grown up Miss Elizabeth realize she has new BABY announcements floating around in the creative world? Sorry you missed a GREAT lunch on Saturday. The food and atmosphere were fine, but it was the company that was awesome. Congrats on being craftily published, Ms. Magazine Editor! I miss the Rubber Stamper and seeing you in there.

Janine said...

Picked this copy up at the airport... and saw your name!! Lovely card Julie..
Have a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

Anticipating a great read!

Kim said...

omgosh, I love your card, the simplicity of it just draws attention to the details! I will go looking for this magazine tonight! Can't wait to see your projects Julie!
:)
Kim

The Rubber Maid said...

That is a wonderful announcement and certainly a great way to announce a baby in an out of the ordinary way. Love it. Mom

dpkennedy said...

What a great idea, not to mention a beautiful card! I have had this stamp set for more than a year and I have never used it! I am so pullin it out now! Adorable!

Michelle Woerner said...

OMG! Julie this is super cute, fabulous and unique! I think I would die from fear if an editor contacted me with a challenge. BUT, like the true talent you are, you ROCKED this one!

Alex said...

Totally adorable Julie - I love this!!! I am sure they were thrilled, you totally ROCKED the challenge they gave you, my friend!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tanya said...

ohhh! that is soo sweet and pretty!
Congrats!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Precious baby announcement card!!! Love this idea!!!

Lovely gd Cee said...

aren't ya just the Ms. Popularity!!!!

woohooo!!!! congrats on the publication.

and love your imagination...the new addition...it's cute:)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, hey, Julie! Clever you! How exciting to have your fabulous ideas in honest to goodness print! Congratulations! I just love your pretty announcement!