Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Think Spring!

I've been hearing "I need spring!" a lot these days! I see it on blogs. I hear it when I am out and about. Heck, even I say it a thousand times a day! I need to be back outside enjoying the fresh air!


Well, to get ready for that increased sunshine and balmy Montana weather, I made an easy breezy card that exudes a bit of Spring!

This card seriously couldn't be any easier! I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities to create my circle and frame. I used a SU oval punch for my sentiment. Both images - Welcome Spring - and - Nest Teacup - are brand spankling new from Impression Obsession! Add some fun bling, a matching sheer ribbon and you're done! The teacup was colored with a light purple, straw color and light blue for the eggs. I just wanted a really subtle dash of color to accent an already beautiful image! If you like these images, stick around -- I'll have details on a sale you won't want to miss coming up later on this week!

So, how is that for a little taste of spring? Hope the weather is nice in your neck of the woods. It's supposed to be in the high 50s today. YIPPEE!

Happy Tuesday and I'll see you back here soon!

21 comments:

Penny said...

It's so pretty and delicate , I love it! I have been looking at all the new IO stamps this morning. I especially love the new Tami Potter ones.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Gorgeous card, Julie, love the colors - 'specially the robin's egg blue ;-)

Yes, well, about the weather - we had SNOW here in Atlanta on Sunday, thank you very much....I am definitely getting ready for spring!

Amy said...

The polka dots on your cards scream SPRING Julie!!!! Love, love, love the simplicity of this one, and of course the colors. The image is adorable. Hope all is well with you and that you see the signs of spring very soon!

Janine said...

Hi Julie WE are still down in freezing cold Florida... Will be home Thursday. When we first got down here it was gorgeous. Sunny today but only 31 degrees.
Love your card...

Janine said...

Hi Julie WE are still down in freezing cold Florida... Will be home Thursday. When we first got down here it was gorgeous. Sunny today but only 31 degrees.
Love your card...

sandyh50 said...

Beautiful card Julie!! You need to live in Northeast Montana, we finally hit 32 yesterday and rejoiced that we were finally above freezing. We still have snow and ice glaciers that have been there all winter!! LOL

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, my friend! And yes, it wreaks of Spring! :-)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! I love the simplicty. I too am shouting "I need SPRING!"
Hope you are doing well, take care!

inlovestamping said...

Very pretty card! I love the backgroud paper and your coloring is superb

Anonymous said...

I love this image...to me it looks so vintage...your coloring is perfect :)

Anonymous said...

So soft and beautiful Julie, I love it! That stamp is fabulous!

Latisha said...

eeech OMGosh I {luv} that teacup, how incredibly cute is that!

Stacy Morgan said...

So pretty, fabulous coloring and awesome image Julie.

Jan Castle said...

very "spring"...love the colors!
Jan

Norine said...

it might be simple but so pretty
Hugs
Norine

LeAnne said...

What a gorgeous image! I love these colors, too!

The Rubber Maid said...

Lovely card with so sweet image and colors. Mom

Darlene said...

This is fantastic Julie! Love the soft springy color and that image is perfect!!! Thanks for a "breath of fresh air"!

Linda Crowder said...

That is thinking positive. I hate to tell you this but here in Dallas it was 75 at 7 pm and I have been out in tee shirt and capris planting spring flowers in containers on the porch. I love it! But the summers are brutal! It's either feast or famine and lately with no rain in ages, we will have more fire danger warnings than ever. It's been a few years since we've had this kind of dry and windy conditions. They issue RED FLAG warnings here like BLIZZARD warnings there. Hang in, Spring is coming...

ChristineCreations said...

What a beautiful and delicate looking cup Julie! I can feel spring coming!

Nancy said...

Oooh, pretty colors, and I love that image!