Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mixing it up!!

You know that girl that always wore florals with plaid? The one that threw fashion caution to the wind? Well, when I made this card - I was that girl! I mixed it up all over the place! This was actually a card I made for one of the rounds for the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol contest -- but for some reason, it wasn't my favorite. Santa won out!

The stamp is the Bleeding Heart stamp from the Spring Ephemerals set by Flourishes. The saying stamp is one of the first stamps I ever bought! It is from PSX - you know the company we love that is no longer in business! I colored the flowers with ink pads by just thumping the color on. After I cut out the frame with my Nesties, I sponged some light green ink inside the "frame." How did I do this? I left my Nestie on my oval shape and used it as a bit of a mask! Add a scalloped layer, some patterned paper, some rhinestones and you are done! I love this paper by Scenic Route! Too vibrant and pretty in my book!

Well folks... voting ends today at noon (MST) for the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol. Deep breath, deep breath. If you haven't voted yet -- would you please check out my card and vote for me if you like it?? Thanks a ton!! HERE is the link! This one is for the whole she-bang! The winner will be announced around noon Mountain Standard Time Friday!! I am trying not to think about it! :-)

Hope you had a fabulous week so far! I'll be back tomorrow for Sharon's Stamp Simply challenge! See you then!

13 comments:

Kim said...

What a beautiful card Julie!! I just wanted to stop by and say GOOD LUCK!! I know tomorrow is the big day, and I am keeping everything crossed for you! lol
:)
Kim

Janine said...

Beautiful!!!!!!! I hope you win IDOL too. What a wonderful thing that would be.
I will hopefully e-mail you later on with updates around here.
Take care!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Nice card but I would have favored
Santa. Basket of nerves...basket of nerves, oh I already said that. Good luck DD. Love you no matter. MOM

Lovely gd Cee said...

oh Julie... Oh Julie... i need to see this, please?

Ann said...

Gorgeous card, also a winner in my book.

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here on pins and needles and baby they hurt! Can't wait to see the results even though I know your THE WINNER
Love this card too by the way but am glad you chose Santa

Ida said...

Well this is beautiful. Bright and Cheerful. I think though "Santa" was a good choice for the Idol contest and yes I voted for you!

Barbara Schram said...

Another beauty, Julie! But I think Santa was a good choice too! Can't wait for tomorrow! Good Luck, my friend.

DeniseLynn said...

Ha Ha you made me laugh out loud. After all, I am that girl. I started wearing plaid and flowers and polka-dots too in kindergarten and now at 42 I still love 'em all. AND so of course this card totally rocks in my book. It's perfectly delish!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card Julie!!! I cast my vote for your card so good luck. Hope tomorrow brings good news for you.

Debbie/Phoenix, AZ

Just Me said...

Beautiful card!!! Voted!!! The other card is beautiful too!!!!

Diane said...

Very pretty Julie!
Hope you win,my fingers are crossed
and so are my toes!!! I won't be home on the weekend,so I'll check back on sunday night...I know you'll win!!!!!Good Luck Hugs going your way girl!!!((( )))

Cheryl said...

I just LOVe the vibrancy of this card! It's absolutely stunning!