Thursday, July 3, 2008

Stamp Simply-- Make mine girly!!

Hi all! Happy Friday and Happy Fourth of July to all my American friends! Our family is headed out for one of American's favorite pastimes-- camping! This will be the first time in roughly 3o some years that I have been out in the wild this way! I was about 4 when I went last -- and you know what happened? I decided to get behind the wheel of the family van to play"driver" and next thing I knew I was rolling down the hill headed for a tree. My dad ran and jumped in the rolling vehicle but not before my mom got hysterical and the van crashed into a tree! Oh, the joys of camping! Guess it scarred me!! :-) I am "pretty sure" my mom can laugh about it now!!

Time for another Stamp Simply challenge. Click HERE to go to Sharon's blog for all the official details for ssnotime42! This one is not red, white, or blue. It's soft and girly! That's always en vogue - right? Well, when I heard that is what the challenge was- I knew just the occassion I would make my card for -- my daughter's birthday! My little diva is going to be five! Well, I wanted the message to be for a "princess," so, I used THIS set from Flourishes, designed for Mardi Gras and changed it up a bit! I used the crown for my little princess and then used the Harlequin set for the lower half of my card front and behind my crown in a light pink. I used my Spellbinders dies for the scalloped oval and oval shapes. I added some black satin ribbon and some bling and that was pretty much it for the front. The pink bling in the Harlequin diamond is actually a pink hot fix nail head. It gives just the right amount of shimmer!

Now, comes the fun part--- the saying! The top part and the flourish line are both a part of the Many Sentiments set also from Flourishes. The bottom part was done with the help of my computer-- Happy Birthday to the Princess In Training! I think she'll like this! I know she'll like the sparkle!! Those are super duper teeny tiny rhinestones that I got at my LSS. I think they are 1 or 2mm.
Here's a close up of the crown! I love this and can see using this for a whole bunch of other uses... Wishing friends birthdays fit for a queen, You're the Queen, Queen for a day, etc!! FUN!
If you need a little more inspiration - check what these ladies cooked up!

Janine
Jennifer
Dee
Tammy
Becky

Have a great weekend! I'll be back Sunday with more fun!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super fabulous! So queenie!!Have a blast camping!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable!! I have three young grandaughters so I will be casing this!!
I hope you will share pictures of the camping trip:) Be safe!
Dee

Michelle Tech said...

Very cool! I love the sparklies!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Awesome, Julie! Totally sweet and girlie!

Anonymous said...

have a great weekend Julie!! Love the card. Was over visiting your mom this morning and got the laugh of my life!

Janine said...

Hi Julie!! Very girlie card!! I love it! Hope you have fun fun fun camping this weekend. Happy Fourth of July to you too. Talk to you when you return.

MJ said...

Very pretty. I love the bling! Such a fun girly card.

Diane said...

LOL! I can just see little Julie behind the wheel going down the hill and mom screamin and dad running! It's funny now but I'm sure it wasn't then. Make sure your kids don't do the same,lol!
Love your card Julie,it's actually a wonderful card for you,the queen of card making!

Jennifer Buck said...

Just beautiful! She will love this! Hope you have a great trip! :) Have fun! :)

The Rubber Maid said...

Love Ellie's birthday card but how can I top that ( as if I'd even try) ? And of course since it's in pink she will be delighted. Roast some marshmallows for me. Mom

Donna Baker said...

HA HA what a funny story, glad no one was hurt!!! Love your card and bet your Diva of a daughter will too! Happy Birthday to her!

Anonymous said...

Perfect for a princess! Love the detailed crown. Now don't let history repeat itself and keep YOUR princess away from all vehicles! :) Have a great time camping!
smiles, Deena

Anonymous said...

Oh the card and sentiment are darling. Your camping story is frightening. Glad there was a happy ending!!

Becca said...

This is absolutely Royal and too cute. I love the sentiment and adore the card. Pink and Black is always so regal.

Have a super weekend,
Bela

Deb Neerman said...

Another winner, Jewels!!! And I'm sure your little Princess will just love this!

Ummm, please be careful out there in the wilderness ... there's bears, and snakes, and other wild-life stuph out there. I won't mention stayin' outta the driver's seat ...

Hope you're having a great weekend ... post some pix when you return!

~Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

How utterly adorable for your little princess! I especially love the very elegant look of the inside sentiment. Absolutely gorgeous!

Curt in Indy said...

As a woman I used to work with would have said, "This is Divalicious!" LOL Best, Curt

Becca said...

Hello Julie: I have nominated you for a Brilliance Award on my blog. You deserve it for all of you cards. Please visit my blog for your award.

Have a great long weekend,
Bela

Lesli said...

Great Card Julie - love the bling!

Barbara Schram said...

This is perfect for the Cool Club President! What a darling card, Julie! I am sure she will love it! Take good care!

Jules said...

Yet another gorgeous card!

Erin McKinney said...

Beautiful! I love your clever use of the Mardi Gras set!

Juliana said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!
and ELEGANT!!
I love the PINK!