Thursday, July 10, 2008

Stamp Simply 43 -- Thank You!

Hi all! TGIF! Hope you have some fun weekend plans! Maybe you'd like to join Sharon for her weekly Stamp Simply challenge? This week, it's all about gratitude - thank you cards to be specific. How easy is that? Click HERE for all the details! Well, it sure was easy with this brand new Stamp Simply set just realeased this week from Flourishes called Thank You. Oh my! Each and every element is so elegant - from the beautiful tulips to the gorgeous script text - you need to check it out!

For my card - I used Versamark ink to create my background. On the dark green side, I used one of the flourish elements from the Flourished Elements set. On the other side, I used a text background stamp that is also a part of the stamp simply set! The tulip was colored up with ink pads - tea rose, olive and vintage green Vivid! After it was stamped, I used a damp aquaflow brush to spread the color out a bit over the flower and make it look more "painted." The saying, "With Gratitude" was stamped with Sepia Brown Versafine ink. Add a velvet pink ribbon and a ribbon slide and you can't get more simple than that for a Stamp Simply challenge!!

Here's a close up. I love this tulip image. It's so classic!


Need a little more inspiration before you get your fingers inky? Check out these gals from the Stamp Simply Team! Janine, Jennifer, Dee, Tammy, and Becky.

15 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a gorgeous tulip! I love the soft watercoloring on it, and your beautiful card!

Janine said...

Beautiful Julie!! That tulip is very very pretty!!
Have a great weekend. Off to work I go!!

Jennifer Buck said...

Beautiful, Julie! LOVE this! :) Hope you are doing well! :)

Anonymous said...

hey girl, I am so stunned. I have been so on pins and needles keeping up with your voting that I haven't stopped to comment on your cards, which are all beautiful!!!!
Your ratings are looking good!

The Rubber Maid said...

Lovely card and great new stamp sets by Flourishes. I just might have to shop with them again. I love the ribbon look on this card it is very in sync. MOM

Barbara Schram said...

Another beauty, Julie! Love the new stamps...hope you have a great weekend too!

dpkennedy said...

Beautiful card! Great coloring and I love the bg panels!

Sankari W. said...

that is such a beautiful card - love the way you added colors around the flower image!
just gorgeous!
best wishes,
sankari

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Julie. Love the delicate watercoloring on it.

CreativeMish said...

I love tulips! your card is stunning

Deb Neerman said...

Beautiful, Jewels!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Julie! Love the soft painted look of the tulip and the pretty backgrounds.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Love the velvet and the little ribbon side!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

Curt in Indy said...

Another gorgeous creation from the ever flowing well of talent! :) Just beautiful! Best, Curt