Sunday, June 15, 2008

You are my sunshine....

Hi all! Hope you're spending time with the men in your life that are also great dads! I actually made this card for my hubby. I was down in my craft room and he pops in as I was making it and says -- Oh, I like that. Then, it dawned on me - "Wait, you're not supposed to see this!" I laughed and said - Great, cuz I'm making it for you. So, pretend you didn't see it!! He laughed.

I created this card with some fun decorative paper (Kaleidascope), some ribbon (American Crafts)and some watercolor paper (Strathmore, 140lb. cold press). I actually stamped the image - twice. I stamped it once on a piece of watercolor paper that I cut out with an oval Nestabilities die and then again on a scrap. I needed the umbrella in this stamp to pop up! I colored it with watercolor pencils and then blended it all with an Aquapainter. The "sand" was done with a stipple brush using Ranger Distress Ink in Tea Dye. I added some "white caps" to my waves with the help of some white Liquid Applique. I also cut a strip of paper with my scalloped scissors and then used the "wrong" side to create my "wave" strip of paper that borders my ribbon. After I made my card, I though -- I wanna go there! :-)

This set is so fun. It's the free with three set. Check it out HERE. It's called "You Are My Sunshine." The good news? Next Friday, when new images are released -- you'll be able to purchase this one!

Hope you have some sunshine in your lives! Enjoy today! We're barbequing and the kids want to take their dad and grandpa bowling! So, off to the lanes we go!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie this is so beautiful! I love how you colored it.

Anonymous said...

Very cute card! Love your coloring!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love Ken's card. Tell him his MIL thinks he is the best of the best father and husband and I wish him a great day. Hugs to my SIL. Mom

paylin said...

wow .. that's a great layout.

Well just to drop by to say " Hello " and have a a great day.

Regards
x

Debbie Olson said...

Julie, this is fabulous--great color scheme, and I love that umbrella sticking outside the oval too!

Janine said...

Such a cute card Julie... How was your weekend?? Ours was fabulous.
Have to catch up today!!
Talk soon.

Anonymous said...

very Beachy! great layout and colors, although those "white caps" made me think s-n-o-w for a second. hope you got some strikes.

Anonymous said...

very cute I love the LO

Mescrap said...

Dear Julie, this card is fabulous !
Believe your husband will like it so much :)
Take care

LeAnne said...

I wanna go there too! Beautiful card, I love this little image!
LeAnne

Jennifer Buck said...

Julie, this is sooo pretty! TFS...hope you had a great weekend! :)

Laura Davis said...

Oh Julie I love this card, the colors are stunning!
Laura

Julia Aston said...

love the pink dots and out of the box cutting - great summer card!

Lee said...

What a wonderful card for your hubby!!! I LOVE the 3-D white caps on your water!!!

Becca said...

This card is purely fantastic. I love the colours you chose and the image so relaxing. It reads, "Don't you wish you were here?"
Take Princess card making Julie LOL>