Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sharing a little talent from my friend....

Ok, I know right off the bat Jacki is going to email me and say.. "little talent?" What? She cracks me up! I was singing the song "Try to get by with a little help from my friends" when I wrote that. I'm sorry, a lot of the time I think with songs! She has a LOT of talent. Check out her blog, you'll see! You can find her at the Card Castle!

About a month ago, she had a leap year challenge. You had to take a stamp you haven't used ever - could be years old - and stamp with it. Well, I won! I won some FABU things like magnetic snaps, flower photo corners, a Starbucks gift card, foil and more! Well, some of the things were hand made and were absolutely AWESOME!

Here's my fave. I just love the watercolored effect she put on the front of this little box with the rose. It is so soft and pretty.

Then, you open it up, and on the inside, this is the saying.
Isn't this just LOVELY! That saying is awesome and what a perfect creation for someone getting married or having an anniversary!

Then, in amongst all the other goodies was this beautiful portfolio. It has the prettiest edging on it made out of mulberry paper. The tulips were watercolored and had this speckled effect behind them. Beautiful!


And, you wouldn't believe the goodies inside this beauty! Tons of photos that have the most intense color and wonderful photo effects --- perfect for card fronts!
I'm glad I could share some of Jacki's work with you! I'll be back Thursday with some new images --hot off the press from Impression Obsession. They rock! The summer supplement is jam packed with fun new images that are really unique.

Have a happy Wednesday!

p.s. Don't forget to sign up for blog candy! See Monday's post with the fabu stamps I am giving away!!! Just leave a comment there!

15 comments:

Phyl said...

Stunning! Love everything about it.
Had a great time at your class. Very fun and creative samples. And I never knew that I loved Elvis!

Janine said...

Lucky you!!! I love that portfolio with the tulips!! Just stunning..
Have a great day!! I am a little under the weather so am laying low today.. Still hope to post though later on...

Anonymous said...

wowser Julie these are beautiful!! Congrats, you are one of my winners, pop back to my site to find out how to contact me with your snail mail info.

Diane said...

Wow those are all gorgeous Julie,lucky girl!!! You also won on God and I on the...
You're on a roll there chickie,lol!

Diane said...

Duh....that was on mochamama's blog just on top of my comment!!
Ok, I didn't sleep well last night,
so I have an excuse,lol.

Jennifer Buck said...

How beautiful! Just gorgeous! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

Annapurna said...

Lucky to have such a talented friend! I am going to use that sentiment about treasured friend on a card to my friend. Love them all!

Anonymous said...

Julie your cards are truly an artistic masterpeice...love them all and I enjoy seeing what you make each time. You are truly talented...a card Picasso.
Bela

jjcreations said...

The tulips are beautiful. Just gorgeous. Joan

The Rubber Maid said...

Boy you are lucky to have such sweet blog friends. Jackie's box is beautiful, she is so nice to send that on to you. Pat

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, I haven't been here in a while, sorry. Beautiful work all over the place.

Chris said...

Your cards are awesome and those great photos of flowers will make some great cards. Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Just beautiful!!! What a great friend!! Hope you have a great day!!! Tulips????--- could spring be right around the corner!!! I can't wait!!

Sherri Alspach
sherrialspach@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

Very pretty cards. Isn't it great to get things in the mail? Have a nice day!

Dianette Seda said...

Congrats in your goodies! They look awesome!