Monday, March 31, 2008

Me and the King!

Ok, if you are done laughing at yesterday's post. Get ready for me and the King. I put my pic in the little frame we made at class and what cracks me up is my 4 year old's reaction. First it was - Who's that? As if she should know this funny man in a purple suit. I say, "That's Elvis." Isn't that fun? She looks at me like, "Why?" Then promptly starts calling him "Melvis." She walks around the house talking to everyone about "Melvis." "Dad," she says, "Did ya see mom with Melvis?" When her brother picks up the frame - she says, "Oh, that's just mom with Melvis." I crack up. I think I'm going to leave it at my computer desk for awhile just to see how many laughs I can get out of this!

Now... on to the pic!

What this is - is basically just a dressed up coaster! The front was decked out with decorative paper. I stamped the Elvis silhouette from Cornish Heritage Farms off to the left side of the frame. Above it, I stamped the word ELVIS and accented it with my Copic Spica clear pen. The mat for my picture was created thanks to my rectangle and scalloped rectangle Nestabilitie sets. Then, I just added a flower and some bling!

The back/stand was just created by imitating a table tent kind of fold. I took a 2-1/2" by 11" strip of paper and scored it at 1", then scored again 3-3/4" from that score line, 2" from that score line and then again 3-1/2" from that one. I cut off the excess and then used the 1" flap to add glue and make my tent. Piece of cake!

Well, before I go, I have to tell you that two friends already cheered me up and gave me some warm and fuzzies!!! Anna from Home Made Greetings gave me the "You Cheer Me Up Award!"
Me? I do? Really? Seriously? Ok, ok, if you insist.
Who would I bestow this honor on? Well, here are just a few ladies that make me laugh whenever we meet in blog land!
Pat
Jacki
Deb (I know you got this award - but you crack me up so you're getting it again!)
Cheryl
Becky

Way cool! And my buddy Diane at DDNJOYS2STAMP gave me this little beauty. It's the Arte Y Pico award. The award is given to bloggers who share their art creations through blogging!
Now.... I have to pick SOME folks to pass this beauty on to..... (there are more--I know!) They are picked because of their creativity, design and interesting material. I pick....
Janine
Jennifer
Kim
Laura
Phyl
Chris
Lesli

If any one of you have already received these fab honors - I am sorry. It's just so hard to keep track of all my talented bloggin' buds!

Hope you're having a great week! Until tomorrow!

10 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Oh your so sweet Thank you Julie!!! I am so honored:)
Laura
I love your Elvis cards!

Jennifer Buck said...

You are so sweet! You just make my day..every day! Thanks so much! ...emailing...just too much to write!

Anonymous said...

Wow thank you Julie...my first blog award ever. That was so sweet of you.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Thank you SO much. I will also be passing this on. I LOVE this award!!!!

Diane said...

I gave you the Cheer Up award on my blog too Julie!!! You're one popular chick aren't you,even with Melvis...that is so funny!!!
You cheer me up girlfriend!!!

Lesli said...

Julie - thanks so much you are wonderful!!! I am so inspired by you and your work - TFS it with us everyday!

Deb Neerman said...

Well, first, I'd like to thank the Academy, then of course, my dear bloggin' buddy Julie, Mom & Dad, and finally, Sister Mary Elizabeth and all the rockin' nuns at St. Mattress.

Awwwwwww, thanks, Kiddo! You make my day too .. no, really, I MEAN it. Really.

~Hugs, Deb

Janine said...

Thanks thanks thanks Julie!!! I appreciate it!! Love your picture with Melvis!! Great idea with the coaster.Will have to keep that in mind. Still recovering. Havent had much time to be in bed ( which is where I belong) because I am here at the store. Owners are back tomorrow.

Penny said...

Great pic of you and Melvis ROFL!!

Anonymous said...

LOL MELVIS! Hahahaha. Don't yah just love them! Really nice frame too.