Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! Hopefully, you are relaxing and reflecting with family! Here's the last card of the Easter season! It's kind of a simple one! I love this little chick from Inkadinkado! My LSS had a make and take a week ago and used this to deck out some Easter tins. Well, I couldn't resist making a card!

I actually stamped the chick twice - once on the grassy background paper and then one on white. I knew I wanted to cut the chick out, but I didn't want to have to cut out his little curly cue of hair! Too hard! So, that's why I stamped hi twice! I used my rectangle and scalloped rectangle nesties for the mat and background. I used my slot punch to string the ribbon through. Added a sentiment and I was done! The coloring is just watercolor pencil. I did add a bit of bling to the little guy's egg with the help of some Crystal Stickles but you really can't see it!

Over the weekend, my family and I took a walk to this little chapel area by our house. Because of today, I wanted to go over and take some pictures of this beautiful cross that stands nearby. I think the photos turned out really neat and how appropriate for this time of year when we reflect on all we have because of one perfect sacrifice. When I popped my card reader into my computer I was amazed at how blue the sky looks! This is completely untouched! Anyway, I wanted to share a few!

"I am the resurrection and the life. He who
believes in me will live even though he dies;
and whoever lives and believes in me will
never die"
John 11:25-26
Happy Easter...
Until tomorrow...



7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janine said...

Cute card Julie!! I love that little chick too. and beautiful photographs... Have a wonderful day!!

Jennifer Buck said...

Super cute card, Julie! Happy Easter!

Lesli said...

Wonderful Card Julie - he photos are fabulous!!!

Diane said...

What a fun and colorful card!!
Your pics are gorgeous,that sky is beautiful!!!

Charlotte said...

I love that card! Happy easter to you too!

Oh I like your new Bloglook btw (a bit late... I know)

Anonymous said...

Julie, what a cute card so bright and cheerful.

Thanks for posting the pictures great reminder of what today is about.

Happy easter.