Sunday, March 9, 2008

Color Challenge....



Hi All!

I did this card for Carolyn King's Color Challenge over in the Gina K. Forum(Splitcoast)! She's trying (and succeeding) in getting us all jacked up for Gina's new release tomorrow. Yippee!

The challenge was to use celery and lavender. I forget the official Stampin' Up names, but, let's just say--- I didn't have them! So, I tried to come up with a color that was pretty close! I used the Baskets of Happiness set from Gina K. Designs and just inked up the flower part of the stamp. I stamped my saying in the center of a Nestabilities oval and then stamped my flowers in kind of a frame all around the sentiment. I did use some celery colored chalk to give a little pop of color to my inner part of the oval. The flowers were colored with water color pencils and then, I added some Diamond Stickles to the center of the flowers to give a little sparkle! I layered my base card with a celery green paper and a lavender that had been stamped with lavender ink and a paisley background stamp (retired SU). I matted my oval onto a scallop oval cut out of some textured celery color paper. I also pin pricked the scallops for a little extra something. I added some ribbon, a ribbon slide... and done! WHEW! That sounded a lot more complicated than it actually was!

Here's a close up of all the flowers. LOVE this stamp!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!

15 comments:

Janine said...

Julie
The card SOUNDS wonderful !! L0L
I will be back later to see it!!
Have a wonderful Sunday!

Kira said...

The link didn't work. :( Looking forward to seeing the card when Blogger starts behaving!

Chriss Rollins said...

love your blog and the card is very pretty
your stamp room is fantastic
u want to add some more stamps to your i have some blog candy this week

chriss x

Janine said...

Now that is a pretty card!!!
Just beautiful.. I think you finally sold me on that stamp.. Will have to get on the net tomorrow and order it !!

Diane said...

So purty Julie!!! Love the colors!!

Donna Baker said...

this is gorgeous, Julie! Clever way to use just the flowers

Anonymous said...

Julie, this is such a beautiful card. Love it!!!! I think I'll have to case you, if that is o.k. :D.
TFS this beauty!!!!

Anonymous said...

This card is beautiful, I love the color combo and the little touch of flowers around the oval are just perfect.
Karen W

Viv said...

Adorable and very creative way to use that stamp! What an inspiration! TFS!!!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty--I haven't used my paisley stamp for I while, I think I had better use it!
LeAnne

Carolyn King said...

so beautiful. love the paisly stamping in the bg. Great close up shots too!

Karen Lindsay said...

I think it's beautiful! You are always able to think outside the box. Love it!

Jamie Martin said...

Beautiful card, you did a great job on the challenge :)

SBS-5

Anonymous said...

Very very pretty as usual!

Jennifer Buck said...

How cute is this! I love it! Thanks for sharing, Julie! :)