Monday, February 4, 2008

Barely Stamped

Pretties! That's what Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Challenge was all about this past week! Well, mine could be called barely stamped! The only stamp is the flourish that I embossed with a Hessonite embossing powder. I hate to admit this, but in the years I have owned this powder, I think this is the second time I have used it! After I stamped my image, I layered two sizes of silk flowers, punched a couple paper flowers out of coordinating paper and added some bling in the center. The metal embellishment in the corner is also something I have a bunch of and have had forever!

Here's a close up...

Have a good start to the week! I have to prep for a Valentine's Day Card Club (3 cards each of 3 designs). So, that means paper cutting, paper cutting and more paper cutting!

Off for now!

10 comments:

Janine said...

Julie - What a BEAUTIFUL photo of you... And the card is gorgeous too. It is so nice here today.. Up to 6 degrees celcius. Cloudy but hints of spring...
Getting ready for my class...

The Rubber Maid said...

Great card as usual. Don't know about that embossing powder, never heard of it but who cares! Like the change of photo but hey you're a beautiful lady not matter what photo you put up. I think you look like your mother. Pat

Phyl said...

Beautiful, Jules. Very classy. Also, love the new photo.

Jennifer Buck said...

This is sooo pretty! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Diane said...

Hey Julie! Super nice photo of you!
Like the maid says,any photo you would take would be pretty!!!
Love your card,the embossing is really neat and I like the faith emb. at the bottom,I have some of those and never used them. Thanks for the idea!!!

Lesli said...

That card is so beautiful Julie. I have never heard of that embossing powder before! I love your new blog photo!!! Good luck on the Valentines Cards!

Lesli said...

That card is so beautiful Julie. I have never heard of that embossing powder before! I love your new blog photo!!! Good luck on the Valentines Cards!

tyrymom29 said...

Love this card Gorgeous And so is your pic!!!!

Karen Lindsay said...

Love the new look to your site, your new photo AND your card!! Wow!!! :)

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Absolutely LOVE this card -- you did a phenomenal job on it!!! The colors are rich, the design is yummy and elegant and fun, all rolled up into one!!! FABULOUS JOB!!! So glad you played, THANK YOU!!!!