Monday, January 28, 2008

Sexy Little Stilettos!

HHHHHhhhhm. I "googled" the word stiletto to see if it had one "l" or two and came across an interesting tidbit. Did you know these shoes were named after the stiletto dagger? It's a knife specifically used - not to cut - but stab. EEK! Ok, so now you know that if your hubby or SO acts up, you can use your shoes as a weapon! LOL!

I thought I'd keep it flirty today with this little number. I stamped the shoes (Impression Obsession) using Versafine Black Onyx onto my circle shape that I cut thanks to my circle "Nesties". I colored them with watercolor pencils and then added a bunch of bling thanks to my Copic Spicas and a couple little rhinestones. I matted it on a scalloped Nestabilities shape. The saying -gotta love it- is also from IO. Ticket corner punch, scallops, more bling, black and white sheer polka dot ribbon, black mat on a white card... and done!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are rested up to take on the week!

6 comments:

Janine said...

Hi girlfriend !! Great stilettos !! What a fun and funky card.. Hope you have a fun week planned. I am at work and getting ready for a class...Its beautiful here so wish I was at home creating away...

Nikki said...

Wonderful card...love the paper behind too.
Nikki SBS5

The Rubber Maid said...

What an adorable card. Wow IO has some really great girly stamps out now. Love the shoes and I knew the name meant " dagger, or knife" but that's because I'm an old broad.I used to wear those spikey heeled shoes many moons ago. MOM

Jennifer Buck said...

How cute is this! I so love this stamp. Too cute! Thanks so much for sharing! Take care! :)

Diane said...

Great card Julie!!! Very flurty!!
No wonder I can't walk in those...
they're weapons not shoes,lol!!

Debbie Olson said...

Amazing coloring, great layout too!