Sunday, January 13, 2008

Go ahead... SMILE!



I admit, you might need sunglasses to view this card! But, it's kind of overcast here in my neck of the woods and I thought I wanted to create a little sunshine if Mother Nature wasn't going to provide some today!

This card is pretty basic. Not a ton of stamping here. I matted my flower patterned paper on the front of my orange textured card base. I cut out an abstract shape from my Wizard Geometrics die, stamped the word "smile" (Hero Arts) and attached it to my abstract shape with the help of one of those cute little clothes pins. The flower was stamped in orange and cut out (Hero Arts) and then I layered it with other pieces - one was a punch and the second layer was a flower sequin also from Hero Arts. On the top layer, I affixed a rhinestone--gotta have bling I say!!

That's it!

Hope you are enjoying your day. We went for a family walk down by the river and actually saw deer and... get this.. a bald eagle! Very cool. Have a good one!

2 comments:

Mescrap said...

Great card !
I love the shinny background too :)

ooh boy, you even can see deer in your area !

Janine said...

Both cards are adorable. I love the hearts on a string one. Funny you should mention deer...last weekend there were two wild turkeys outside my dining room window. A male and female - I didn't realize they were so huge.
Have a great Sunday...