Saturday, December 8, 2007

Flowers for a friend!





This is one of those cards where the saying dictated the card. It says... "The harvest of friendship is blessed above all." Because it said harvest - I thought growth. Friendships grow just like a flower, don't they?? So, I took this stamp (Gina K. Designs) and I inked up only one flower in the pot, stamped it on a tag, inked up two flowers, stamped again on a tag, and then stamped the whole image. My thought was to show the flower growing in time.

I really love this little coneflower pot! I used chalk to add some "ummph" to the image and then colored it with watercolor pencils. Add some patterned paper with a sewn edge, some paper fasteners, some brads and some ribbon and you're done! I have a friend who is going through kind of a tough time right now, so creating this was kind of like wrapping up a warm fuzzy that I'll stick in the mail!

Have a good rest of the weekend!

3 comments:

Karen Lindsay said...

Love the idea, love the result! Only you...... :)

Diane said...

Great card Julie,those look like real taracota pots!Wow what a lovely card!!

Jacki Marie said...

Very nice! You do inspiring...no impressive work, always!