Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Thomas Kinkade.... day three!



Hello All! This Thomas Kinkade technique is one of the coolest new techniques I have tried. I stamped my Christmas Vignette on acetate using Staz-on ink. I then used Duo adhesive to paint the entire back of my stamped image. Then, I let my chalks go to town coloring the street, cars, light posts and adding a splash of color in the windows and in the light posts. Once you chalk the color of choice in the places you want it,switch to Pearl Ex. I used Micro Pearl for the snow and Duo Red-Blue for the sunset sky. After applying these colors, I covered the whole back of the image with Brilliant Gold Pearl Ex. At this point, you can seal it with a workable fixative or matte sealer spray. I didn't however, I just used double stick tape to stick this to a piece of white card stock to bring out the color, trimmed up the edges and matted this on a piece of red card stock that I had edged with gold leaf pen. I stamped a background image from Impression Obsession on the green piece, edged it with gold leaf and then set the entire image on the red card front. It was, believe it or not, a relatively quick technique that reminds me of those gold foil cards seen decades ago!

No comments: