Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy Birthday!


Ok, it's no one's birthday- just an opportunity to stock up on some cards! I have to admit, I always feel guilty about "pre-making" birthday cards. I like to make each one specifically for the person as a kind of gift in and of itself. A friend of mine also taught me that when you give a card, write your note on a post-it note so that the person will have the card to give to someone else! I'll keep this one on hand as a "just in case" card! This one was made using one of the cut out cards by The Paper Cut. It had the three holes pre-punched at the bottom (or side - depending on how you make your card). I used the "Young At Heart" clear stamp set from Impression Obsession and stamped the gifts so that they would peek through. The cool thing about this set is the package body is one stamp and the outline and bow is another. I used a line and dot border stamp repeatedly to create the lines on teh card. The Happy Birthday saying is also part of the set. I stamped it on a strip of white and then matted it crooked on a black piece of paper. Add a loopy brad with a few pieces of ribbon and VOILA!

Happy Thursday!
Julie

No comments: