Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Fly & Be Free



Happy Fourth everyone!

This is a card I cooked up last night burning the creative midnight oil. It's been a long time since I have used vellum! I love coloring the backside of it with colored pencils. It takes on such a light reflective quality that can, at times, look so realistic. On this card, I used an aqua and a royal and then blended them together with white. You can barely see in the photo, but I stamped the blue card mat all over with the butterfly stamp (Impression Obsession) in black ink. I wanted it to make the colored butterfly pop. I added a bit of sparkle with a silver gelly roll pen on the butterfly's wing dots. The brads were colored with a black Sharpie and then the blue piece was matted onto a dark blue Star Dream paper from Paper Cut. Pretty simple card! It's actually kind of "old school!" This is something I might have stamped 4 or 5 years ago! I guess it's always good to revisit and recreate!

Happy Fourth! Hope you are all relaxing and enjoying this day of independence!

Julie

2 comments:

Laura said...

Gorgeous card Julie! I have enjoyed reading the other IO design team blogs. So many great ideas!

Julie Koerber said...

Thanks Laura!
I pop into your site every now and then too!
Julie