Friday, July 6, 2007

Christmas... In July!


Well, I must be on a kick for Christmas because that's what I grabbed last night when I was trying to create. This is a new stamp from Impression Obsession that will be released at summer CHA and available July 23rd. I love it! I actually used two matching stamps - one is a background and the other is a trio of trees that I randomly stamped on the tag. I also antiqued the tag with Distress Ink. The saying is just one of the clear sets full of Christmas sayings that IO puts out. I colored these images using Prismacolor Pencils, with mineral spirits and a stump to blend. If you don't know the "Magic Colored Pencil" technique, google Debbie Gimmel or Magic Colored Pencil and a tutorial is sure to pop up. I had the pleasure of learning this technique from Debbie herself at a stamp show several years ago. She is a kick! This technique is really a fun way to blend and get a really unique look! Be careful, however, when you use mineral spirits. Make sure it is odorless and work in a well ventilated area!

Well, off to the pool I go! It's supposed to be 103 degrees here today!
Stay cool!
Julie

2 comments:

Karen Lindsay said...

Love this card! I will be looking forward to the release of the new stamps, for sure. I love the flourishes being used in the creation of stamps lately and these trees play right into that very nicely. Lovely card, Julie, as are all the others. :)

Karen

Julie Koerber said...

Thanks Karen!
You rock!
Julie